•Friendly Competition• Season 8! Lord Garmadon x Season 8! Lloyd Garmadon

• requested by ElinaLunaStar

Third Person POV(POV=point of view, for those who haven't read some of my past stories.)

It was a gloomy, rather stormy evening in Ninjago.

The darkened, silent halls of the Kryptarium (I think that's how it's spelled...) Prison were lit up by the temporary flashes of lightning through the barred windows. Most of the prisoners had already went to sleep, not knowing how else to spend their time.

The silence was soon a distant memory as footsteps trailed down the corridors. As prisoners began noticing who it was, they jarred around in their cells, shouting and kicking. The figure ignored all of their petty threats and continued strolling to his destination with a box tightly placed under his arm.

Finally, he reached a metal door, guarded by five different officers with security cameras in front of them.

"Uh, Lloyd, are you sure you should..-?" One of the guards tried to reason with him.

"Don't worry about it. He's pretty much powerless in there. I just..." He trailed off as he stared at one of the screens. His father sat in the middle of his glass confinement, eyes shut, completely still. "....I just think I should give him company."

The guard nodded and pressed the button to open the door. As it slowly opened, Lloyd rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

He IS powerless in there....right? Lloyd thought as he entered.

The door slammed shut behind him, making him flinch. He took a deep breath and walked to the glass that contained his father.

Before he could get a word in, Garmadon snapped, "Why are you here?"

Lloyd swallowed a lump in his throat and said barely above a whisper, "I just wanted to..-."

"To what? To gloat? To mock me for my loss? To tell me there's a different way? Save it," He spat.

The glass door opened wide, allowing Lloyd to step in. As it shut, Garmadon swiftly stood up and turned to face him. His gaze focused on the boy, who was now busy emptying the contents of the box onto the cold floor. Lloyd sat cross legged in front of the pile of comic books and checker pieces, and the checker board.

"What is all this for?"

"Uh, first I need you to sit down, please."

"Why should I? Trying to make me grovel before you?"

"Just sit down!!"

The strict tone was different from what he had ever heard out of Lloyd. Garmadon narrowed his eyes and crossed both pairs of his arms, sitting down with a scowl on his lips. Being told what to do was not in his daily routine.

Lloyd carefully placed the pieces on each side of the board and resumed his position.

"Okay, I'm going to assume that you know how to play checkers...you, uh, you do, right?" Lloyd stared up at him, awaiting an answer.

"What do you think I am, stupid?! Of course I know how. But why?" Garmadon tightened his fists.

Lloyd pinched the bridge of his nose and huffed, "Well, I wanted to play with you. Now, if you'd stop being difficult to deal with..." He moved his first red piece.

Garmadon exhaled through his nose and extended his arm out and moved his black piece onto the wrong square.

Lloyd took notice of this and cleared his throat. "You don't move on those squares. You should go this direction," He said as he pointed at the square he put his on.

Garmadon slammed his fist down and shouted, "WHAT?! I did it right! You are the one that did it wrong!!"

Lloyd bit his lip. It's the fight that fuels him. Just don't retaliate... He remembered.

"Oh. Uh, sorry. I guess I did it wrong." Lloyd took his piece and moved it onto one of the wrong squares. Garmadon smirked, content with the confusion he made, and leaned his head into one of his fists. "It's still your turn.." He said as he gestured to the board.

Lloyd moved the smooth red piece to a very vulnerable spot. He watched as Garmadon's eyes lit up and he took out the two pieces that he moved. But, as soon as he thought about it, he piped up, "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

Lloyd shook his head and said, "It's your turn now."

An idea popped into Garmadon's head. He grabbed all of his pieces and shoved them forward, knocking all of Lloyd's off the board.

Garmadon threw his head back laughing as Lloyd snickered and sputtered, "W-what was that about, Dad?!"

"What? Don't look at me like that! You can't be mad at me if my army moves all at the same time! Besides, you were the one that messed it up at the start! And you were the one that forced me to play. So, if you're going to blame anyone, blame yourself!" He playfully growled as he crossed arms again.

Lloyd laughed as he face palmed.

Yep, this game might take a bit to finish....

Word Count: 841 words. (Hope you enjoyed!! :] Thanks for the request!)