• Hard To Swallow • Lloyd x Sensei! Garmadon

Requested by @Hola_coco01

Third Person POV

Lloyd uncomfortably squirmed in the long hospital bed. Why anyone would consider this an acceptable place to lay on for days on end was a mystery to him.

The IV stuck in the crook of his elbow started to itch from being there so long. Every few seconds, sharp, stabbing pain would shoot through it. He grimaced, trying to lay still. Who knew liquid potassium would cause such pain when injected through a needle?

At least the medicine is trying to work... He thought.

A knock on the door made him snap up, recomposing his expression to that of a calm one. He smiled as his father walked in.

"Good morning, Lloyd. Did you sleep well?" Garmadon asked as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

Lloyd shot him a look that could scream, "How do you think I slept on this thing?!" Garmadon laughed and shook his head. "I'll take that as a 'no.'"

Lloyd laid his head back against the cheap pillows. "When am I going to be able to go home? I have so much I need to do!"

"I know. They're just trying to make sure you are in perfect condition to leave. They aren't just going to set you loose while you're still beaten up."

Lloyd crossed his arms with a huff. Garmadon decided to change the subject.

"How did you even hurt yourself like this?"

Lloyd was silent. Quick, come up with an excuse!

With a faux tinge of pride in his voice, he said, "I was trying to rescue a chicken that was stuck in a tree. And...and I fell."

But that was clearly a lie. The truth was that he was roughhousing with Kai and, to make a long story short, never speak ill of Kai's mother. Especially not to his face. The consequences were heavy.

Garmadon could tell Lloyd was lying, but he went along with it. "That must have been a very tall tree for it to have given you such a bruised eye. It's almost as if the tree had hands of its own."

Lloyd hummed an "Mm-hm" in reply.

Garmadon directed his attention to a tray that sat on the rolling table. "Is that your lunch?"

Lloyd looked over at it, suddenly realizing what time he woke up. "Oh. I guess it is. Didn't know that was there."

"Would you like to eat?"

"Um....sure, I guess."

Carefully, Garmadon moved and adjusted the table to where Lloyd could reach it. After lifting the plastic dome, the meal was revealed to be a bowl of soup.

".....That has to be the most bland-looking soup I've ever seen in my life."

"It can't be that bad, Lloyd. I believe I've eaten worse than a simple bowl of hospital soup."

Lloyd rolled his eyes, sinking his plastic spoon into the broth. The consistency of the soup was thick; it almost seemed like gelatin. After a brief moment of hesitation, Lloyd brought the spoon to his mouth and took the liquid into his mouth. Once the taste met his tongue, he visibly cringed, covering his mouth to avoid spitting it everywhere. He forced the small amount down his throat, groaning as the horrible taste abided.

"Ugh, that was awful," Lloyd griped, shaking his head. "Do tell, what could you have eaten that could've been worse than that?!"

"Oh, please. I ate worms."

"By choice!"

"True. But they had a far worse aftertaste than that soup could ever dream of having."

"You try it, then. Be my guest." Lloyd held a spoon out to him. Garmadon blinked, hesitantly reached out to grab the spoon, and sipped at the uncomfortably thick liquid. Lloyd intently stared at him, waiting for a reaction. Instead, Garmadon shook his head, putting the spoon down.

"The worms were worse."

"You're lying, Father. I think you know very well that you're lying, too."

".....okay, so the soup is horrible."

Word Count: 649 Words.

(Hello! This is totally not me indulging in a self-insertive chapter, loosely based on an experience that happened weeks ago! /hj

So, I decided to finally get off my butt and upload something in an attempt to take my mind off stress. That being said, I apologize for the lack of activity. I'm going to take my driver's license test tomorrow. I woke up and almost instantly became petrified about the idea of it all. I just know I'm going to cry tomorrow, whether I get my license or not. I'm already overwhelmed and it hasn't even happened yet. Oh, how I wish I could make a time machine and skip through things I really don't wanna do. :,) /srs

Thanks to @Hola_coco01 for requesting a chapter with the boys in it! I hope it's what you kinda wanted! If there are any typos and/or dumb things in the chapter, let me know so I can fix it!

!!!PLEASE READ!!! Also, quick reminder; I understand that by having the insert requests chapter still published, it's quite tempting to request things. I've been getting multiple requests even after having announced that I am going to have to stop taking requests. I'm not angry, I'm just trying to lightly remind people that I can't take any more onto my plate. As I said, I'm attempting to get my driver's license tomorrow and after that, I'm going to be searching for a job in order to avoid looking like an irresponsible child in my parents' eyes. I'm super sorry that I can't take any more requests, it's not like I didn't like doing this. I enjoy making people happy by writing things like this, but I have to start pushing forward in my life. I have like ten (10) requests left in my queue and that's all. Again, I'm sorry if I let you down. !!!THANKS FOR READING!!!

Thanks for reading! If you're a praying person, please keep me in your prayers for tomorrow. Stay safe!!

- your sleepy author, Abbey :] )

(p.s. I've been trying to use tone indicators when I post things. Please let me know if I'm using them incorrectly, I'm still learning the ins and outs of them.)