• Growing Pains • Oni! Lloyd x Emperor! Garmadon

• Requested by @elizamarieserame •

Third Person POV

Lloyd's fingers dug into the counter as he stared at his reflection in the mirror.

What should he do to cover this up? I mean, it's not like it was a pimple or a blemish he could cover up with makeup! How are you supposed to hide the fact that you suddenly have giant horns?!

It was almost dinner time and he had to find a solution. He couldn't just go in there like there weren't tall horns jutting out of his head.

"Hey, Lloyd! Time to eat!" Jay's voice rang out from behind the locked door.

"Okay, be there in a bit!" Lloyd tried to sound calm as he waited for the footsteps to depart.

Once the coast was clear, he made a quick beeline to his room. After digging around for a resolution to his problem, he found a hat.

Maybe this will work... Lloyd thought, pulling the hat down over the horns. You could obviously see that there was something trying to poke its way out of the confinement, but Lloyd was desperate.

He took a deep breath and walked to the dining room. "Hey, guys!" He greeted his friends. When the other ninja caught a glimpse of him, their casual smiles dropped.

"Uh...are you okay, Lloyd?" Cole asked.

A bead of sweat built on the back of Lloyd's neck. "Of course I am! Why do you ask?"

"Oh, no reason. You look a little clammy, I just wanted to check."

"You look pale. Almost grey," Zane noted.

"Ha, don't worry about it. I just didn't get to be outside in the sun that much today." Lloyd sat down and began eating. It wasn't long before he noticed that everyone was still staring at him. He stopped eating to mutter, "....what?"

"What's with the hat?"

Lloyd played dumb. "What hat?" Very dumb.

"That hat!" Jay laughed. "There's like, something pointy under it. Did you try to style it like Kai's and decided it looks so awful that you just had to cover it up?"

"Hey! My hair is not that bad! It's just got character. You're just jealous," A very annoyed Kai replied.

"I would be a little defensive if I had a dead porcupine on my head, too." Nya took a sip of tea after speaking under her breath.

A roar of laughter erupted through the room. The sudden noise aggravated Lloyd. He gripped the table, digging his fingernails into the wooden finish. He was so distracted by the noise that he didn't even notice Kai's hand reaching up to touch the hat.

Lloyd immediately reacted by grabbing the brim of the hat and sharply tugging it down to his head. Everyone hushed, staring in disbelief at the sight of Lloyd's horns, peeking through the freshly ripped holes in the hat.

Lloyd stood up, covering the tips of the black horns with his hands. "Uh, you know what? I'm not that hungry. I'm going to bed." He stammered as he stumbled back to his room.

He ran to his room, locked the door, and rushed to look in the mirror. Zane was right; his skin was a dark grey, which seemed to be getting darker. He ripped the hat off to see the long horns stretching out of his skull.

"No, no, no...." He muttered, examining all of the features. He frantically rubbed his eyes, opening them back up to see his father's reflection. His eyes widened, whipping around to see him sitting on the edge of his bed.