• Square Up • Lloyd x Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by @bazzledGarmadon •

Third Person POV

Lloyd crept through the building, hastily checking behind him to make sure nobody was following him. He clutched his balled-up hands close to his chest as he sneaked around.

He made it to the kitchen, heading for the door that led outside. As he tip-toed his way to the door, he heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, Lloyd! What's that?" Kai asked as he pointed to Lloyd's hands.

Lloyd looked at Kai's inquisitive face and blurted out, "My hands!" And with that, he left a very confused Kai in the blink of an eye.

He sprinted across the grass to stop at a peaceful patch of land behind the dojo he and his friends would train in. Swiveling his head around to make sure he was alone, he sat down and opened his hands, revealing a small polaroid picture.

The picture was just as that one quote meant; it was worth a thousand words.

The picture was of his father, but when he was much younger than he is now. His hair was styled in a fluffy mohawk. He donned a black leather vest, which was covered in patches, matching with his pants. His ears were pierced, as was his nose and lip; all of which were covered in rings and gauges. Garmadon himself didn't look too amused in the picture, judging from the look on his face and the gesture he was giving with his finger.

Lloyd snickered to himself as he gawked at the photo. Oh, what to do with all of the possibilities of blackmail and pranking! His mind raced as he tried to come up with the next step.

Before he could finish brainstorming, the picture was snatched from his hands.

"Hey!" Lloyd exclaimed, looking up to see his father with an unamused expression.

"So, I see you've been snooping through old pictures again," Garmadon said as he tapped his foot on the grass.

Lloyd sprang up, trying to grab the small picture. Garmadon was very fast to yank his arm away, holding the picture higher than Lloyd could reach.

"Oh, come on, not this again!" Lloyd grunted, reminiscing how Garmadon would do this to him all the time when he was younger. "Give it back!"

"No. I could hold it up here all day. In fact, with your attitude, I just might."

Lloyd quickly elbowed him in the stomach, making Garmadon drop his arm. Lloyd grabbed the picture and made a mad dash into the building.

Once inside, he hid behind a wooden column, catching his breath. In hindsight, he knew it was a bad idea to initiate a fight with his father, even if it was play-fighting. As he leaned against the column, he noticed it was taking an awfully long time for Garmadon to find him. A sense of relief and adrenaline swept over him once he heard the wooden doors hitting the walls.

He heard footsteps all around where he was hiding, making his heart beat faster and harder in his chest. Suddenly, he heard them lead outside, the door shutting behind it. What luck; Garmadon thought he was still outside!

Stupidly, Lloyd decided it was safe to leave his hiding spot. The second he revealed himself, an arm firmly wrapped around his shoulders, flipping him over and landing him on the ground. Lloyd groaned as he met the gaze of his father.

"What made you think I'd fall for that?" Garmadon smirked, holding a hand out. "Give me the photo and I won't bother you anymore."

Lloyd shook his head, getting to his feet and squaring his shoulders.

"Fine," Garmadon sighed, shaking his head as he followed suit. "You had best not disappoint me. Show me if you've actually been listening to my lessons."

Lloyd lunged forward with a yell of exertion. Garmadon dodged him and extended his arm, catching Lloyd and curling him against his chest.

"I thought you knew better than that, Lloyd."

The next thing Lloyd knew, he was pinned to the ground, laying flat on his stomach. Garmadon was careful to not put too much pressure on him as to make sure he wasn't crushing him. Therein, Lloyd found a wonderful escape plan.

He grabbed onto Garmadon's wrist, pulling him down on the floor with him. He wrestled him until he was atop him.

"Ha!" Lloyd triumphantly laughed. "Do you yield, Father?"

Garmadon let out an exaggeratedly long sigh before giving a solitary nod.

"Ugh...fine. I yield," Garmadon put his hands up. "But only because you cheated."

"What!" Lloyd squeaked. "It was totally fair! I won by my own strength."

"If by 'strength,' you mean your sloppy form, yes, you totally won."

Lloyd laughed, getting off of him so he could run to the door. As he left the building, he could hear Garmadon yell, "For your sake, you better not share that on the Internet, Lloyd!"

Word Count: 804 Words.

(Hello, everyone! Here's your second chapter, a day late!

Thank you all for reading! And thanks to @bazzledGarmadon for the request! I hope this is the type of fight you meant! As anyone can see, I'm not the best at writing fight scenes. I feel like they can easily get exaggerated and dragged out, so I tend to stray away from long fights. Anyway, if there are any typos/dumb stuff in this chapter, please let me know so I can fix it!

I hope you all have a good weekend and I hope to see you next week!

- your sleepy author, Abbey :] )