• Reunited At Last • Lloyd x Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by @KennaCat12 •

Third Person POV

It was all over.

The ninja watched as the Preeminent sunk into the water, steam and smog rising into the air. The ghosts were being dragged down with it, howling and shrieking as they tried to escape this horrible fate. Upon seeing Morro being caught in this chaos, Wu summoned his dragon, rushing to try and save him.

Lloyd felt his knees sinking to the ground as he stared at the sea.

All he could think about was how the ghosts were instantly evaporating as soon as they made contact with the water. Would his father suffer the same fate? Would it be worse than this? How could he have just left him there? Now he was gone forever. The only piece of him he had left was his clothes. Turning his head down to gaze at his father's robes, he could hear the last words he heard before leaving him behind.

"Whatever happens to me, wherever I am, I will always be with you. There comes a time when a boy must become a man. What sort of man is up to him."

He clutched at the fabric, releasing a shuddering sob. Through teary eyes, he gazed at his reflection in the unsteady waters. He bit his lip, thinking to himself, "I'm sorry, Father. You would want me to be strong."

He shakily rose to his feet, holding onto the guard railing for support, still keeping his head low. He began to walk away but stopped when he saw something. There was something underwater; it almost looked like something was trying to come up for air, but it couldn't.

He gasped, climbing over the railing. His friends noticed, running over to him and calling his name. Before they could reach him, he had jumped in.

The saltwater stung as it settled in his open wounds. He could barely see the figure, but there was definitely something stuck down there.

He touched something, instantly recoiling when it touched him back. He grabbed onto what felt like an arm, trying to pull him up. He was yanked backward after the attempt. He forced his eyes open, seeing a long chain connected to the person's hand.

He could feel his lungs tightening, begging for air. He swiftly summoned his powers, shooting a blast of green light at the chain. He pulled on the figure's arm again, greeted with a successful attempt. He kicked his legs as fast as he could, trying to swim faster.

The rest of the ninja were staring down where Lloyd jumped in, muttering questions back and forth to each other. Suddenly, Lloyd popped up out of the water with a big splash, pushing the body up.

"Help me get him up, guys!" Lloyd grunted.

Lloyd sighed in relief as the weight was shifted off of his shoulder. He climbed up on the deck, coughing up water into the crook of his arm. Suddenly, he realized everything was silent; not a word from Jay, even. He looked up, seeing everyone staring at him with shocked expressions.

"....What?" Lloyd asked, his eyes darting from face to face.

Kai bit his lip, Nya covered her mouth, Jay's mouth hung open, Cole's eyes were wide. "What's going on with you guys?!" Lloyd exclaimed.

"Lloyd..." Zane spoke above a whisper. His mouth moved, but Lloyd couldn't hear anything. As Lloyd was about to ask him to repeat what he said, he heard coughing.

He opened his mouth to say something when the figure grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. His eyes bulged when he met the eyes of his Father.

"What were you thinking?" The raspy voice scolded. "You could've drowned!"

The man continued talking as Lloyd's eyes welled up with tears for the third time in the day. "D...Dad?"

The grip on his shirt loosened, one of his hands traveling up to Lloyd's damp cheek. "My son..."

Lloyd collapsed in his arms, clinging to his chest. Garmadon rested his mouth atop Lloyd's forehead, his fingers tangling in Lloyd's drenched hair. Every few minutes, Lloyd would pull away to look at him to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

"I missed you so much," Lloyd tearfully laughed. "Please don't leave again."

"I won't, Lloyd. I promise."

Word Count: 703 Words.

(Hello, everyone! Hope all of you angst lovers enjoyed this one! Since Hulu doesn't have Ninjago on it and I only have the first four seasons on DVD, I had to search my memories for how the season ended. I hope my memories did it justice. There will be another chapter coming later, so keep your eyes peeled for it! ;]

Thanks for reading! And big thanks to @KennaCat12 for requesting this chapter! I hope it's exactly what you wanted! If there are any typos and/or dumb stuff, please let me know so I can fix them!

I hope you are all doing well and being happy! I will see you guys later!

- your sleepy author, Abbey :]        )