• Proud • Movie! Lord Garmadon x Movie! Lloyd

Requested by YouPieceOfGarbage

Third Person POV

The sun pierced through Lloyd's thin curtains, blanketing his face with warm light. He rolled over onto his side so when he would open his eyes, he wouldn't be blinded by its inescapable light.

He finally sat up in bed, stretching out his limbs. A knock on his door, followed by a familiar voice, snapped him out of his sleepy thoughts.

"La-Lloyd! It's morning! You gotta get ready for school!"

Oh, yeah, he had forgot. Garmadon insisted upon staying with him when Koko would leave for work.

He felt his hands begin shaking and a knot formed in the pit of his stomach. He needed to tell his dad something pretty important, but he had no idea how to do it.

He was terrified to tell his dad because he probably wouldn't be too happy about it. But, alas, everything must be revealed at some point.

Lloyd sighed and shuffled his feet to his door, still formulating words to describe what he's been feeling.

The door slowly opened and he cleared his throat as he strolled to the kitchen table. Garmadon was sitting on one of the chairs, eating cereal, reading the news on his phone.

"Hey, La-Lloyd! Did you sleep good?" He asked with a full mouth.

"Uh, y-yeah," Lloyd said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

That's it. This has got to be said. Now, you coward!!!

"Um, Dad?"

Garmadon looked up at his now worried looking son.

"I...I have to tell you something really important. But before I tell you, I need your full attention, okay?"

Garmadon nodded and turned his phone off, putting his spoon down in the bowl.

Lloyd sighed, took a deep breath, and said, "I....I am (fill in this blank with whatever sexuality you would like. I took the liberty to let the readers have the choice.)"

Garmadon felt his mouth drop open. Lloyd frowned at his instant reaction. This was what he had feared. What now?

Then, without another word, Garmadon got up and dashed to the door, slamming it behind him.

Lloyd felt as if his heart just got ran over by a steamroller. He collapsed onto a chair, sobbing. He knew he shouldn't have told him. He should've know better. But now, he just had to worry about getting ready for school. If not, he'd be late. He wiped his face and continued his routine.

~~~~~

The mods in the small restaurant was stiff to say the least. I mean, it's not every day the maniacal warlord that attempts to take over the city decides to plop down in your hole-in-the-wall restaurant!

Garmadon sat at the table, a heavy weight laying on his mind. It wasn't the fact that everyone in the building was staring him down at a distance, he kept thinking about Lloyd.

What did it mean? Did he do something wrong?

Suddenly, a finger tapping his shoulder got his attention. He snapped his head up, scaring the waiter.

"Oh! Uh, sorry. I didn't see you there," Garmadon mumbled.

"No, no. It's okay," The slightly trembling man ensured. "I-I just wanted to check on you. You seem to be a little sad."

Garmadon let out a forced huff of laughter. "What? 'Sad?' Ha, ha, I'm not sad." His face dropped as he tried to talk. "It's just..nothing, I guess."

"Oh. Okay then."

Before the man could leave, Garmadon grabbed his shirt's sleeve.

"Okay, okay, you got me! I need advice." He looked at the shocked face of the young waiter. "My..my son just...he came out. I don't understand it and I think I hurt him really bad. I really need help. I can't show my face to him until I find a way to fix this."

Oh. Oh.

"Oh, sure..I guess I can help." The waiter shakily sat down across from him. "First, how'd you react to it?"

"I...I kinda ran off." He hung his head slightly.

The man was then taken aback. "Wow. Um, yeah, why you feel like you hurt him is because that most likely wasn't how he wanted you to react."

Garmadon felt like he could rot. He felt lower than dirt. Poor, poor La-Lloyd. He was looking for support and he failed him.

"What do I do? How do I fix this?" He rubbed his head, sighing heavily.

A silence fell between them. Finally, the man said, "Well, when I came out, I wasn't exactly received too well. But what I would have wanted was to be 100% accepted and supported. That's probably what your son would want. Maybe start with an apology or...-."

As he was speaking, Garmadon suddenly had an idea. He slammed the table, making him jump.

"I think I got it! Do you guys make cakes?"

~~~~~

Lloyd walked up the stairs to his apartment. School was terrible. Kids mocked him, teachers were boring, work was hard. But nothing in school could have been worse than his morning. All he wanted to do now was curl up in a hole and die.

As he put his key in the door lock, he noticed it has been unlocked. He opened the door to see Garmadon with a big grin on his face, holding something behind his back with two of his four arms.

Lloyd felt tears stinging at his eyes. "What do you want?" He mumbled as he glumly kicked off his shoes.

Garmadon started fidgeting with his other two hands. "Look, La-Lloyd, I'm really sorry for bursting out like that. I should've told you where I was going."

"Where were you going? Why did you...-?" Lloyd was interrupted when Garmadon revealed what he was hiding.

It was a cake that had what looked to be a door frame on it with the door wide open.

Lloyd stared down at it while Garmadon was holding back giggles.

"What..,uh..., what is that?"

"Well, it's a closet!"

Lloyd blinked in confusion.

"You know, since you, heh heh, came out of your's?" Garmadon snickered.

Lloyd looked up at him again. "Wait. So, this morning, when you left, you didn't leave because you were mad?"

"Well, no!" Garmadon laughed. "Why would I be?"

Lloyd couldn't take it any more. He felt the tears that he tried to ward off slipping out of his eyes. Garmadon out the cake down and engulfed his son in a hug.

As Lloyd was crying into his chest, he heard his father utter something he hadn't heard in years.

"I'm so proud of you, son."

Word Count: 1,093 Words. (Thanks for requesting!) (Wow, second chapter today!! I'm on a roll!!!)

(Updated May 2nd, 2021. Happy Pride Month!! :] )