• Take Care! • Sensei! Garmadon x Kai

• Requested by @SkyFantasyWorld

~~~~~~

Third Person POV

~~~~~~

It was a rare sight; snow in Ninjago.

Ninjago City was abuzz with excitement over the beauty of their newfound situation. All of the neighboring cities and towns were on the verge of being covered by a blanket of slush.

The wind began to strike up, swirling the powdery rain in magical circles. Although it was beautiful, it became a danger to many as the dusting turned into a major blizzard.

Night came quickly, snow continued to brush against each building with dangerous perfection. Though the cover of night was useful to a ninja, this wasn't what a certain ninja had in mind.

~~~~~~

"Where is he? He should've been back by now..." Garmadon paced, staring out the window, frantically searching for his student.

"He must be lost. He'll be here before you know it. Kai's pretty good with finding his way back," Wu reassured, pouring a second cup of tea.

Garmadon sighed, taking a seat, and drumming his fingers on the table. "It's just getting late, and with this storm...."

Wu slid a cup and the steaming teapot his way. "Here. Drink," he smiled as he rose to his feet, and left him alone in the dimly lit room.

~~~~~~~~

Hours passed, the clock struck midnight, and Kai was still nowhere to be found. Garmadon remained around the table, the untouched tea cup in the same spot.

He looked out the window again, but the only thing to see was the snow piling up against the window.

He stared down into the cup, seeing his stone-faced, sleep-deprived reflection stare back at him.

He glanced at the clock, shook his head, and decided to turn in. Before he could even leave the room, the door opened. A cold, bloody, bruised, exhausted boy stumbled in, trailing snow and mud on his shoes. His red hood was torn off his face, revealing large cuts and scratches adorning his forehead.

"Kai!" A tinge of relief was in Garmadon's worried voice as he rushed over to collect him in his arms.

Kai almost immediately melted into his embrace with a sigh of content. He didn't have time to get comfortable before he was lifted off the ground. After being placed on a counter, he was met with Garmadon's frightful expression.

"What happened?! Who did this to you?!" Garmadon placed his hands on each side of Kai's face.

"I just got lost..." He barely whispered. "I....it all happened so fast...it was the....the..."

"The Nindroids?"

Kai nodded. "Ugh, I'm so....just really tired.." He began to lean his head into the older man's shoulder.

"No, no, no, Kai, I need you awake. I need to fix your wounds, so please stay awake," Garmadon pulled his frail body off of the counter, looping a strong arm around him. Kai's legs wobbled and his feet dragged the ground as he was led to the bathroom.

He propped Kai against the wall, setting him on a small stool. He turned to grab some supplies.

Kai was on Cloud 9. Everything was foggy, his head was pounding, his hands were shaking, his ears were ringing, and he was in the middle of a really bad dream.

He was back in the forest. The snow was whipping in the wind. Kai was laying face first on the ground, his blood splattered over the snow like an abstract painting.

He had stumbled into a group of Nindroids on the way back from Ninjago City. Instead of having the upper hand, he found himself being pummeled instantly.

His body was trembling from the pain. Though Kai was beaten to a pull already, the Nindroids continued their attack. Those confounded toasters don't quit!

Stinging sensations rippled everywhere. His arms, his back, his legs,.....his.....

As Garmadon touched a cotton ball dipped in peroxide to a gash on his cheek, Kai instantly shot up, throwing his fists at Garmadon. Luckily, Garmadon was quick to catch his attacks.

"Kai, Kai! Stop! Wake up, it's me!" He shouted as he gripped Kai's tightened fists.

He finally resorted to a more desperate measure. He let go of his fists, and reached his arms around the convulsing boy's waist. He sunk to the floor, shifting Kai's body from the stool onto his lap, holding on tightly.

That only made Kai angrier. He let out a shriek, trying to break free. His arms were swinging, his fist made contact to Garmadon's forehead.

Garmadon kept his strong grip on him, despite the fight to escape his grasp. He caught a glimpse of Kai's face, only to see tears running down his cheeks. Finally, Garmadon turned him around, pressing his face into his chest.

"Kai, just listen to me. Everything's okay," he whispered in his ear. "You're safe, nothing's going to hurt you. I promise."

He felt him relax into the hug. Garmadon wondered if it was just a trick, so he pulled away to check. He was met with his eyes, dripping with salty tears. Kai gripped his shirt, pulling himself closer to him.

He snaked his arms around him, rocking him back and forth. "Shhh...it's okay."

Kai bitterly sobbed into his shoulder. He felt awful looking up to see the bruise forming on his sensei's forehead. He carefully reached his arm up, gliding his fingers above the bruise.

"Kai, don't worry about me. It wasn't your fault," he murmured as he pulled him closer again.

The door opened with a quiet creak, Nya poked her head in through. They connected eye contact, he put a single finger on his lips to indicate that he needed quiet. She took the message, responding with a thumbs up, shutting the door. He turned his attention back down to Kai.

"Now, I need to fix your wounds. I need you to calm down, and I need you to sit still for me, okay?"

Kai stared into his deep emerald eyes, nodding his head. Garmadon smiled, rubbing his thumb through his messy hair.

Before Garmadon was able to fix even one of his wounds, Kai fell asleep.

"Sleep well, Kai," Garmadon grinned as he petted his head.

Word Count: 1,022 Words.

(Wow, this has to be the longest one yet(?)! Thank you for requesting! Sorry it took so long. I had a tangle with a very bad virus that left me grounded for quite a few weeks. I think I only have one more request to do from my long list, so I might open requests when I'm done with that one. Anyways, I hope you guys like this one! Thanks for reading!)