• Only You Can Help Me • Teen! Wu x Teen! Garmadon

• Requested by @Rachel_The_Ninja •

Third Person POV

"Garmadon? It's me again, I just wanted to know if you wanted some tea?"

No answer.

Wu pressed his ear against the door, only hearing quiet huffs of breath.

With a slightly dejected look on his face, Wu sighed, "Okay. I'll leave the pot on the stove if you want any."

Wu rubbed his forehead before leaving to boil some water. As he stood in the kitchen, he stared at the steaming teapot. The ceramic pot was their Father's; a keepsake to remember him by, he supposed.

He reminisced how it was the last thing his Father had left him before he had to go.

~~~

Wu tried his best to keep the hopeful smile on his face. On the inside, he was terrified of what could happen while his Father was gone. He straightened up when he saw him walking his way, holding his prized teapot safely in his arms. He didn't say what was on his mind until he couldn't stay silent any longer.

"Father..." Wu began.

"Yes?"

"I...I know I shouldn't fret over things that haven't happened yet, but...what about Garmadon? What should I do? What'll happen if he has another...another incident?"

His Father was quiet, staring off as he thought up his reply. "I always told you that as long as I am here, nothing bad will happen to the both of you."

"But you're leaving..," Wu thought as he stared at the ground. Before he could turn on his heel to leave, his Father's voice rumbled through the air. "Wu."

He looked up, seeing his Father hold out the teapot out to him.

Wu gasped, unable to say anything. That was his Father's most prized possession. He couldn't just be simply giving it to him! He must've been dreaming!

As he handed the pot to Wu, he smiled, "A part of me will always be with you, my Son. Don't worry."

~~~

It had only been a month since this happened. Now that Garmadon had been distancing himself more and more from Wu, it was a major source of worry for him. He would barely come out to eat meals, which only occurred in the middle of the night when Wu was asleep.

As he wistfully stared at the teapot, he thought of his Father's final words he said to him.

"'Don't worry?'" Wu mumbled. "How in Ninjago am I supposed to do that?"

It was another night that he hadn't heard any sort of stirring or commotion from Garmadon. Sometimes that was a good thing; it meant he wasn't banging his fists against the walls or screaming in pain as the venom coursed through his veins. Each sound was too difficult to bear to hear.

The clock struck midnight as he sat at the table in the dimly lit kitchen. The cup of tea he had poured had completely lost its warmth as Wu sat pondering.

The sound of quiet footsteps trailing down the hall soon echoed through the room. Wu didn't budge. He knew that Garmadon wanted to be alone more than anything. He would only make it worse. It always seemed that way.

The sound of tip-toeing abruptly stopped behind Wu's chair. He could feel Garmadon's eyes burning into him. Finally, Garmadon muttered something. Wu couldn't quite understand what it was that he tried to say.