• Secrecy • Lloyd x Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by @Pucatsu120 •

(before this chapter begins, here is a warning: if you are triggered by mentions of prescription medicine usage, you might want to skip this chapter. The request involved Lloyd taking a type of medicine used to help with depression, and while I won't go too heavy and explicit with things, I just wanted to make sure I made a warning before I let it slide. So, if you want to stay, that's okay! I just wanted to add a trigger warning. Hope you like it if you read it!)

Third Person POV

"Lloyd, you've barely touched your dinner. Is everything okay? Are you feeling well?"

As soon as Misako pointed it out, Garmadon's attention was brought to his son, who squirmed in his seat at the sudden attention.

"Oh, yeah..!" Lloyd smiled. "I-I just don't feel that hungry. I had a big lunch."

The quick-paced alibi was more than chin-scratching, but it was enough to convince the two of them. Lloyd excused himself from the table promptly after the inquiry to avoid any other questions. He had to walk on eggshells around them sometimes and this was one of those times.

After he left the room, Garmadon leaned over to Misako and whispered, "What did he have for lunch that could've made him that full?"

"Well, he could be going through a growth spurt," Misako hummed in reply. "He is a growing boy, after all."

"Maybe so..." Garmadon concluded, returning his attention to Lloyd's nearly full plate of food he left behind.

Maybe it was enough to convince Misako, but Garmadon was a little worried about him. This was the third night in a row he had hardly eaten his dinner.

Meanwhile, Lloyd sat in his room. His hands were shaking and his breathing was erratic. It was only a few days ago that he had started taking antidepressants and the side effects were kicking into gear. He couldn't understand why they were hitting him so hard. His doctor warned him that it could happen, but he had no idea it was going to be this hard to manage.

"It's only for the first few days," He murmured to himself. "It'll be over before you know it."

At least, that's what he hoped. He hadn't felt hungry ever since he started the medicine; his stomach growled yet he didn't feel the urge to eat. He had lost weight from how drastically his appetite had changed. As a result of that, he had become weak. He felt as if he could fall over with the lightest breeze that blew against him.

No matter how well he tried to hide it, he felt as if his friends were closer than ever to discovering this secret. Lloyd wanted his friends to be happy; he didn't want to upset them by making them worry over him, so he swore to keep it under lock and key.

He laid down on his bed flat on his back, staring at the ceiling in deep thought. What would happen if someone found out? Would they think of him as a wimp? Would they think he was faking it for attention? Would his friends not want to spend time with him anymore because of it?

He shut his eyes, whispering, "Tomorrow's a new day."

That's what he told himself every day.

And that's all he could do to calm himself to sleep.

~~~~~

Morning came quickly due to Lloyd's inability to sleep. He forced himself out of bed, staggering down the hall to get ready for Sunrise Exercise.

He made it to the dojo and sat cross-legged on the floor. Soon enough, his friends joined him.

Once Jay caught a glimpse of Lloyd's sleepless appearance, he gestured to his eyes and laughed, "Whoa, Lloyd! Did you leave makeup on or something?"