•Sick Day• Season 3! Sensei Garmadon x Season 3! Sick!Kai

• Requested by Jestro56789234

Third Person POV

"Ahh-CHOO!!!"

Kai groaned as he grabbed another tissue, aimlessly blowing his nose. I'm blowing my nose, but NOTHING is coming out!!!! Kai thought angrily as he slammed the tissue down, missing the trash can altogether.

He had been sick for a few days now, but this was the first day that interfered with a mission. While all the other ninja were off to go fight Nindroids, Kai was forced to stay in Sensei Garmadon's temple. Sensei Garmadon stayed with him, keeping him out of the mission, too. This set Kai off. Firstly, just because Garmadon swore off weapons doesn't mean he couldn't still be evil, so trusting him would be harder than pulling teeth. And second, he could fend for himself....or so he thought.

Kai inhaled out of his mouth when he was interrupted by a coughing fit. With that, Garmadon peeked in the door frame, seeing the red-nosed, glossy-eyed boy sitting upright in bed. As he lingered at the door, Kai finally noticed him and wrapped himself further in his blankets.

"Kai, are you sure you don't need to go to a doctor?" Garmadon tried to say in a calm, yet firm, matter. Kai instantly shook his head. He always hated doctors. 

Garmadon sighed and strolled to where Kai was resting. Kai sat up and leaned against the wall, hardly looking at him.

Garmadon sat down on the side of the bed and said, "Can I get you something to drink?" Kai shook his head again. "You need to drink, Kai. If you don't, you'll be forced to go to the doctor."

All of his words were meaningless to Kai. He knew all of this, he just didn't like it being repeated to him over and over. And besides, it was him telling him this.

Without warning, Garmadon pressed his hand against his forehead, making Kai flinch back. "Your fever is worse today than it was yesterday," Garmadon thought aloud. "I'll be right back, I need to get something."

And with that, Garmadon left the room.

Thank goodness. Kai thought as he sighed, laying back on the pillow.

His victory of silence was short lived as Garmadon returned with a tray that contained a bowl and a few other things on it.

"What....what's all this?" Kai asked quietly as he fought off another coughing fit.

"I'll show you in a second. Now, would it kill you to sit up?" Garmadon smiled as Kai straightened himself up, glaring at the old man.

He set the tray down. The tray had a bowl of warm chicken soup with a Capri Sun pouch next to a spoon.

"....I'm not five years old," Kai huffed, gesturing to the Capri Sun. Garmadon chuckled and picked up the spoon, dipping it into the soup.

He brought the spoon to Kai's face, just to have Kai knock it out of his hand. Garmadon gave him a bit of a scowl and repeated his actions.

"I can feed myself!! I am not a kid! And I'm not even hungry!" Kai coughed as he crossed his arms.

Garmadon continued this for 10 minutes until he groaned, "Are you always this grumpy when you're sick? What's wrong? I'm just trying to help."

Kai's lips shined as if he wanted to respond, but he hesitated. "Uh, because not more than a year ago, you tried to destroy me and my friends!" He wanted to yell, but something held him back from the outburst. Maybe it was a pang of guilt or the unbearable lump of phlegm in his throat.

Finally, Kai bit his lip, tried to swallow the lump in his throat, and focused his gaze on his fidgety hands. Garmadon, with his "father sense" could tell something was on his mind. He thought about it and it finally hit him.

Right as Kai was about to say something, Garmadon asked, "Do I still make you uneasy?" Kai's eyes widened and he choked on his spit. That was enough of an answer for Garmadon.

He put his hand on Kai's shoulder, leaned against his arm, positioned his head at his ear, and whispered, "I won't hurt you, Kai. I know my past is pretty rough. I know I tried to hurt you in the past. But I promise I won't now."

He sat there for a few minutes, awaiting a response, but soon gave up. As he pulled away, Kai was asleep. Or so he thought. He moved to get up, but a pair of arms were looped around his stomach.

"Don't go..." Kai said through a groggy yawn. "You're....really warm.."

With that, Garmadon moved the tray and say down beside the sleeping boy.

Well, at least he's resting now. Garmadon thought with a grin on his lips. He put his arm around the back of his head and joined him in sleep.

Word Count: 815 words. (Thanks for requesting!!! Hope you enjoyed!)