• Reckoning • S9!Lloyd x S9!Sensei! Garmadon

Requested by @littledarwin

(get yourself ready for some time skipping ;] )

(also, full disclosure; I have no idea how court stuff goes, the only knowledge I really have is from Judge Judy, so if the court section of this sounds odd, that's totally my fault lol)

Third Person POV

"I can't fight you, but I can resist you!"

"Stop saying that!"

This exchange continued until Garmadon finally made his move to land a blow upon his son. Lloyd reacted by summoning his powers to create a glistening golden shield, which Garmadon struck with his bare fist.

The force of Garmadon's punch was futile to the shield. Instead, the shield ricocheted the attack and sent Garmadon flying back into a cloud of dust and smoke.

Lloyd felt his heart stop. Did he just accidentally destroy his father?!

"Father!" Lloyd cried as he ran into the billow of dust.

Once the dust settled a bit, Lloyd had to do a double-take. He stared down at the body of his father, uncorrupted, covered in scratches and small pieces of rubble.

"...Lloyd?" He said in a low voice, trying to reach out to him. Lloyd recoiled, his eyes bulging.

"What? You...you can't....this can't be! This is a trap, it's not real!" Lloyd fell to his knees, tears welling up.

"Lloyd, it's me..! You saved me," Garmadon whispered in a calm tone.

Lloyd's breathing began to grow more and more uncontrolled and panicked. This is all a trick! That's all it is! He thought. He can turn into anyone, he's an Oni, he's just trying to mess with you!

Garmadon sat upright, holding his hands out to Lloyd. "It's okay, Lloyd. You can trust me. Please, just trust me."

"No, no," Lloyd panted, rubbing the pads of his fingers into his scalp. "Not again, not again! Please, not again!"

Garmadon touched Lloyd's cheek with one of his fingers, to which Lloyd instantly flinched. Garmadon muttered, "You've changed so much, son."

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Real or not, he didn't care anymore.

Lloyd shuddered out a sob and collapsed into his father's arms. Garmadon pulled him closer, tucking Lloyd's head under his chin, rocking the trembling body back and forth. Lloyd pulled away, looking into his father's emerald eyes, now shimmering with tears. Garmadon smiled at him, swiping his thumb under Lloyd's eye where a tear had made its way down his cheek.

"It really is you..." Lloyd whispered in disbelief.

Garmadon chuckled, then leaned forward and pressed a kiss on Lloyd's forehead.

"I missed you so much."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room was silent as Harumi, followed closely by two cops, strolled down the aisle to her seat. After taking her seat, she glanced over to Lloyd, who was now glaring at her. She gave a toothy grin to him with a wink of her eye.

"All right then," The judge's voice echoed throughout the room. "Let's begin by calling Princess Harumi to the stand."

Garmadon could feel Lloyd's tension just by sitting next to him. He reassuringly squeezed Lloyd's hand as the room's eyes fell on Harumi. She got up and walked, nearly sashaying, to the platform next to the judge. She took her seat behind the desk, all the while maintaining her icy stare at Lloyd and Garmadon.