• Bedtime! • Vinny x Emperor! Garmadon

• So, funny story, I kinda lost track of time and decided to whip this up last second. Have some super short, self-indulgent survivalshipping. [lol say that three times fast] (: •

Third Person POV

"Put me down, I swear I'm not tired!"

Garmadon huffed, ignoring Vinny's defiant remarks.

"It's late, and you and I both know that you have to wake up early tomorrow," Garmadon lectured, feeling Vinny squirm around in an attempt to escape his hold. "In order for you to feel rested in the morning, you-."

"I know, I know, I need to sleep. But I have to work on that stupid report for Gayle. Just five more minutes? Please?"

Garmadon persisted into the bedroom, laying Vinny on the small twin-size bed. Vinny crossed his arms as Garmadon tucked him in.

"Can't believe you're keeping me from working," Vinny grumbled. "You're despicable."

Garmadon smirked, "Indeed, I am." With that, he stood up, turning to leave. "Now, have a good night, and-."

"You aren't staying?"

Garmadon stopped at the sudden voice, turning back to see Vinny's finest attempt at puppy eyes.

With a playful rolling of eyes, Garmadon made his way back to the bed. "Are you sure we can both fit in this tiny thing?"

Vinny immediately scooted over until his back was pressed against the wall. "We can try."

As soon as Garmadon laid down, Vinny was smashed by one of his arms.

As half of Garmadon's body hung off the bed, he thought aloud, "....this could use some adjusting."

Finding the right position took longer than the both of them would like to admit, but they finally found the perfect spot; Garmadon's back pressed against the wall whilst holding Vinny in a spooning manner.

The two laid completely still, utterly silent aside from the harmonizing sounds of their breathing. After a moment of hesitation, Vinny whispered, "Thanks for staying."

When there was no reply, he closed his eyes. Out of the newfound silence, he heard a gruff whisper followed by the arms around his frame squeezing a bit tighter. "You're welcome. Sleep well, Vinny of NGTV News."

~~~~

No more than a few hours later, Vinny woke up. Gazing at the digital clock on his bedside table, he quietly groaned. In what world did his body think that waking up at two in the morning was a good idea?

An idea popped into his head just as he was about to settle down again. Turning his head to check if Garmadon was still asleep, he managed to squirm his way out of his arms and get out of bed.

"Just a few more minutes and I'll have that report done," He muttered to himself as he crept into the living room.

He sat on the floor at the coffee table where his laptop rested, opening it and returning to work.

~~~~

Garmadon's eyes slowly opened to the sound of a very much awake alarm clock.

After turning off the alarm, he instantly noticed the missing space in the bed, beginning to panic slightly. Did he accidentally push Vinny off the bed? Did someone kidnap Vinny?

Garmadon quickly got out of the bed and was met with the blue-ish light from a computer screen creeping through the crack in the door.

Following the source of the light, he found Vinny asleep, drool streaming out of the corner of his mouth, laying his head on the keyboard of his laptop.

Shaking his head, he gently picked Vinny up and carried him back to the bed.

"Foolish little human," He thought as he laid down beside Vinny. "Doesn't he realize that tomorrow is a Saturday?"

Word Count: 564 Words.

(Yeah, yeah, I know it's short. It came to me in the blink of an eye and I had to jot it down before I forgot. I don't know if I've already written a chapter along the same lines, but I guess it's different because it's survivalshipping flavor now.

I would also like to tell you that I got a new iPad so now I can do silly little drawings! Go to my Tumblr to check out the stuff I draw. The link is in my bio!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading! I can't believe this little book has almost reached 50k reads! That's so cool! You guys are the best!

I will see you guys next week when I will hopefully be a little more prepared!

- your sleepy author, Abbey :]      )