• Painful Memories • Season 3! Sensei! Garmadon x Season 3! Ninja

• Requested by SoulShardz

Third Person POV

"No! No, Dad, this isn't you! Please!!" Lloyd cried through gritted teeth.

The look on Garmadon's face was emotionless, as his spirit was now fully taken over by the Overlord. Lloyd was holding him back with his powers and bare hands, but it was proving exhausting to hold back such a force.

"Father...please, no..." Lloyd weakly begged as he forced another burst of energy.

Garmadon took a deep breath, hissed in pain from the power of Lloyd, and focused his gaze on him with an icy cold stare.

Finally, he inhaled, "Your father is......"

"....gone."

"NO!!!"

~~~~~~~~~

"No...!" Garmadon shot up in his bed, shaking and breathing heavily.

He looked around the room, noticing the decorations, fixtures, and furniture.

With a relieved sigh, he relaxed against the pillows, clutching the sheets within his fists.

"Just a dream," He thought. "Or a cruel reminder."

It had now been a week from the death of the Overlord, but just because he couldn't get over what he had done. To Lloyd, to Misako, to Wu, to the ninja, heck, just Ninjago alone! It was overwhelming to him. But somehow, everyone was forgiving him. After all he'd done to Ninjago, he never imagined that anyone would still want to be around him.

"Garmadon?"

He looked down beside him to see Misako, half awake, looking up at him.

"Did you have the dream again?" She yawned.

He nodded as he rubbed his face. She sat upright and pulled him into a hug.

"It's okay. We forgive you, but for you to have peace, you need to forgive yourself," She whispered as she planted kisses on his shoulder up to his cheek.

With a weak smile, he hugged her before getting out of bed completely.

As he strolled down the hall, he bumped into Jay and Zane. Jay flinched when he saw who it was.

"Oh! H-hey, uhh, Sensei..!" He said as he stumbled over his words.

"Good morning. I assume that you two are headed to Sunrise Exercise with my brother."

"Yes, in fact," Zane smiled. "You are welcome to join us, if you'd like."

"Oh, no thank you, Zane. I'm far too old to stretch as far as Wu wants me to. I'll be better off getting breakfast. But thank you for the invite."

Zane nodded in reply and led Jay down the hall.

He watched as the two went around the corner, relaxed against the wall, and sighed, pinching the skin above his nose. Suddenly, he felt a hand land on his shoulder. He turned to see Wu.

"Is everything okay, brother?" He asked.

Garmadon nervously chuckled and said, "Me? Yes, everything is fine. I, um, just need some time alone."

"Okay. But let me tell you something." Garmadon tilted his head in confusion. "You won't forget your past if you don't forgive yourself for it."

Wu let go of his shoulder and followed the path of his students for Sunrise Exercise.

Garmadon sighed and walked to the kitchen. Nya was standing at the oven, cooking breakfast for the crew, while Dareth waited patiently for his. The light footsteps of Garmadon caught Dareth's attention as He looked up from his cup of juice. 

"Hey, Sensei!" He smiled as he waved slightly. Garmadon half smiled and sat down beside him.

Nya hummed a greeting as she set down two plates of eggs and sausage. Dareth began eating, shoveling it down his throat. Garmadon grinned at the sight of him. His smile faded as he was brought to the thought of how many times he tried to rid him of his place to live. He was brought out of his thought when a hand landed on his shoulder. Looking up, his eyes met with Nya's.

"You okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for asking."

Nya smiled at his reply, walking back to the oven.

With a sigh, he got up and quietly left the building.

He walked to the dojo, where all was quiet. Once he shut the door, he made his way to the center and sat down cross legged. He shut his eyes and breathed deeply through his nose.

This was how he tried to forget things; meditation. Away from everyone. But some days, there is an unexpected visitor to roam their way in.

"Father?" A voice called out. Garmadon let go of his position and saw his beloved son standing in the doorway.

"Uh, may I join you?"

"Of course."

With that, Lloyd joined him on the floor, in the same position. The two sat in full silence as they focused on clearing their minds. Soon, Lloyd grew restless and opened his eyes. Sitting still was never his strong suit. He decided to glance over to his father.

Garmadon held a pained expression on his face. No matter how much he tried to forgive himself, he would hear Lloyd's blood-curdling scream before he struck him down.

"Dad? Are you okay?" Lloyd was growing worried. His father never answered.

"Dad..?" Lloyd repeated. "Please answer me."

It was no use. Garmadon was in his own world. He looked to be in a trance! With each second, Lloyd became more and more anxious.

"Dad!"

At last, Garmadon snapped out of it and jumped back a few inches, sweat trickling down his wrinkled forehead. He was hyperventilating, grasping his chest to gain control, but to no avail.

Lloyd got up and approached him. With each step, his father kept shrinking back into the side of the room.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Father," Lloyd said with a trembling voice.

"I know you won't hurt me, I just don't want to hurt you."

The two stopped and stared at each other. Garmadon shut his eyes tightly as he knelt down to the floor, covering his face with his hands. He continued speaking to Lloyd through his cupped hands.

"I never wanted to hurt you. I swear, I never did." He stopped, looking at one of the many scars on Lloyd's face from the battle. "But, since it has happened, I... I.." Garmadon sputtered as he began sobbing.

Lloyd dropped to the floor beside him, wrapping his arms around him.

"I'm sorry, Lloyd! I'm.. I'm so sorry!" Garmadon cried as he welcomed his embrace.

"It's okay, Father. I forgive you. I forgave you the day it happened."

The two sat in the same spot hugging each other for a while before pulling apart.

"Thank you. I think I needed that," Garmadon smiled as he leaned against his smiling son.

"Anytime, Dad."

Suddenly, Garmadon thought of something.

"Wait, shouldn't you be in Sunrise Exercise right now?"

"......no?"

Word Count: 1,107 Words. (Thank you so much for requesting! Sorry it took so long! Since school will be starting soon, things are going to be quite slow. But I'll try to get them done!)