• I Promise • Cole x Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by @_Make_it_gay_ •

Third Person POV

Cole sat still on the ground, legs crossed, eyes closed. He slowly breathed in and out through his nose, but his heart didn't cease from racing. The thoughts that crossed his mind weren't helping his feelings.

You're a disappointment, you're a failure, you're nothing like how you should've turned out, you're a mistake, you're a mistake, you're a mistake.

"Cole?"

He jumped at the sudden sound, looking up to see Sensei Garmadon staring down at him. He quickly sat upright. 

Garmadon chuckled, "It's okay, Cole, I'm not here to teach you something. I was just worried about you. Is everything alright?"

Cole felt sweat beginning to form under his hairline. He admitted that jumping up from the dinner table and storming out of the room after reading a letter from his father was kind of question raising. 

"It's nothing," Cole mumbled, fiddling with his hands. 

Garmadon sat down beside him, placing his hands down beside him on the ground. "Call me crazy, but it doesn't seem like nothing. At least, not to you." 

Garmadon then noticed the piece of paper that upset Cole so much was laying vacantly beside him. He picked it up and began to skim through the words on it. What he managed to get from it shocked him. He put the letter down and quietly asked, "Cole, did your father send this to you?"

Cole turned his head, staring at the grass. What would it be like if he were a blade of grass instead of a human? A weird thought, but as long as it took his mind off of everything, it was worth thinking about. 

Suddenly, his hand felt soft contact. Instantly directing his attention to the hand, Cole saw one of Garmadon's hands hovering above his, fingers just barely brushing the top of his knuckles. Cole couldn't help looking up into Garmadon's eyes. He saw the immediate change of expression in Garmadon's face when he looked at him, not even realizing the tears that were trailing down his cheeks. He tried to turn away, but before he could, Garmadon pulled him into a hug until his body was flush against his chest. 

Cole hated feeling so helpless and pitiful, but he couldn't help it. He couldn't recall the last time he had been hugged; it felt so foreign, yet warm and familiar at the same time. He could feel Garmadon patting the back of his head, pressing his face against the side of his neck. 

Garmadon pulled away, just enough so he could rest Cole's head against his chest. 

"I'm so sorry you read that," Garmadon murmured as he gently rubbed his hand through Cole's hair. "If there's ever another time when you deal with something like this, will you please come to me? I promise I will do everything I can to help."

Cole took a second before replying with a nod. Garmadon smiled and tucked his head under his chin. 

"I promise."

Word Count: 490 Words. 

(Wahoo, two chapters in one day! Sorry if it came a little later, I actually forgot that I was trying to do two today and only realized I had done only one. So, sorry if this one seems a bit slapdash. [I literally wrote it in like an hour, so I was typing like a madman]

Rest in peace, Kirby Morrow. I forgot to mention it in my last few chapters, and I'm still in shock about it. He had such a big impact on my childhood just from playing Cole. I know his family and friends are still mourning his passing, and I hope they find comfort in such a dark time in their lives.

Thank you all for reading and thank you for the request @_Make_it_gay! My brain said, "Hey, how about a nice fluff chapter?," but my heart said, "Nah, let's do heart-wrenching angst." I have barely made any chapters with Cole in them, so this was fun to do! I hope it fitted your likings!

I hope you all have a wonderful week, and I hope to see you as soon as I can! 

- your sleepy author, Abbey :]  )