• Dad Jokes • Movie! Garmadon x Movie! Lloyd

Requested by YouPieceOfGarbage

(Disclosure: this has nothing to do with actual dad jokes, I just titled it that because it's Lloyd's dad making stupid jokes. Sorry for any confusion)

Third Person POV

As the school bell rang, Garmadon waited anxiously for his son to get out of school. Since the whole incident of trying to conquer Ninjago, he's tried to consistently pick him up from school so Koko wouldn't have to.

Unfortunately, being picked up from school by your dad doesn't really add "cool points" to your already diminished ego.

Almost the exact second Lloyd stepped out the school, Garmadon went ballistic trying to get his attention.

"La-Lloyd!!! La-Lloyd!!! Over here!!!!!!" Garmadon waved all four of his arms with a grin on his face.

As people murmured around him, Lloyd groaned, hiding his face from his "fans," as he scuttled to where his dad stood.

"Dad...! Do you have to do this every day? I can just walk," Lloyd sighed as he stood by the tall figure.

"I'm just trying to help. It's better than you having to visit me in jail every day, right?" Garmadon said with puppy eyes.

Lloyd exhaled and looked around. "Where even is the car? You did drive here, right?"

Garmadon smiled as he pulled out a pair of keys, pressing a button on it. As soon as he did, his giant shark mech leaped off a building and landed next to them into an empty parking spot.

As students began running back to the school in fear of being under attack again, Garmadon let out a laugh. Lloyd hid his face in his hands.

"Don't worry! This time I'm not attacking Ninjago, but don't tempt me, 'cuz I will!" Garmadon laughed as he opened the door for his son to enter. "After you, La-Lloyd."

So embarrassing... Lloyd thought. I bet none of my friends have to be constantly embarrassed by their dads.

Garmadon shut the door behind him and looked over to his son. At the exact moment, Lloyd looked at him. All was silent until Lloyd huffed, "Are we going to go?!"

"I'm not moving until you put on your seatbelt, La-Lloyd! Geez..." Garmadon said as he gripped the gear stick.

After he fastened his seatbelt, they were finally on the way home. It had been a long day for Lloyd, all with constant reminders of how much of a loser he is and an overload of homework that he could barely understand.

Garmadon noticed the sullen look on his face and gently asked, "So, how was school?"

Lloyd looked up at him with the most grimaced expression he could muster up. Garmadon tensed up and took that as enough of an answer. The silence was deafening between them, so he kept trying to spark up a conversation with him.

"How're your little ninja buddies doing?" He tried to say with a smile.

"They're fine, I guess."

"...I wonder what we're going to have for dinner."

"I think Mom said we were having noodles."

"Oh. That's good. Love noodles."

This was painful. Such small talk! It could tear someone apart from the inside! Garmadon tried to do it to cheer up Lloyd, but a frown still stayed on his lips.

"Any difficult math problems you need to solve for later? I'm something of an equation myself," Garmadon chuckled as he wiggled his eyebrows.

Lloyd gave a wobbly smile but soon shrunk back to his original state.

Stupid joke! Of course he wouldn't laugh at that!

After that, he decided to shut himself up until they got home.

He parked his mech, letting Lloyd get out before him.

The two entered the small apartment room to see Koko setting fire to a small pan with noodles in it.

"AUGH!!! Dang it!" She screamed as she extinguished the flames, smoke billowing out of the kitchen.

"Mom! We're home!" Lloyd coughed as he waved his hands to break the cloud.

Koko slammed the pan down and rushed over to hug him. Garmadon awkwardly stood behind him, watching the two great each other. As Lloyd went to his room, Koko hugged Garmadon.

"How was he?" She whispered.

"He seemed a little sad."

Koko frowned as she returned to the kitchen. He followed and whispered, "Is there anything I can...you know, anything I can do to help?"

She stirred the noodles a bit and replied, "Maybe just try to talk to him."

He bit his lip and nodded, shuffling his feet to his son's bedroom door.

He rapped one of his hands on the wooden door. "Hey, it's, uh, it's me. Can I come in?"

No response.

He looked back at Koko and whispered, "See? Nothing."

Koko motioned for him to try again.

Garmadon learned from just barging in, so he continued tapping his hand on the door.

"La-Lloyd, please let me in. I just want to talk."

"Well, I don't really feel like talking, Dad! J-just go."

Finally, Garmadon burst in the room, shutting the door behind him. Lloyd was sitting on the bed, fiddling with his hands. Garmadon sat down beside him and asked, "What's wrong, La-Lloyd?"

Lloyd sighed heavily and said, "It's just been a bit of a rough day. I don't really wanna talk about it."

The two were quiet for a bit. Then an idea popped into Garmadon's head. "Do you want a hug?"

After there was no response, Garmadon moved to get up. He was stopped immediately when two skinny arms flung around his waist.

He flinched at the sudden movement, but soon melted into the embrace.

For the first time all day, Lloyd actually felt safe. Valid. Loved. Comfortable. All thanks to his ever-so-prying dad.

As they pulled away, Garmadon got up to leave, knowing he probably still wanted to be alone.

"Wait!" Lloyd called. He stopped dead in his tracks and turned back to his son.

"Before dinner, I....I actually do need some help with math work. Could you help? "

Garmadon smirked and said, "Well, sure. After all, I am sort of an.."

"OH MY GOSH, IF YOU EVEN FINISH THAT SENTENCE...-!"

Word Count: 998 Words (Thanks for requesting! Love these two goofy boys!!)