• The Art Of Silence • Reader x Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by @Mystic_Rose_77 •

(! a bit of a trigger warning ! If you get easily triggered by anxiety attacks, you may want to give this chapter a skip. It's nothing terrible, but I wanted to make sure I made a warning before posting this. Please proceed with caution! :]  )

Third Person POV

"Are you sure you'll be fine? You can always just meet with me after class to do it by yourself."

"Yeah. I think I'll be fine."

"Good, just let me know if you need to step out," Garmadon smiled, putting a hand against your back, leading you inside the dojo.

Once inside, you sat down on the floor, crossing your legs as he took his position in front of the group of students. As soon as you got settled, you could hear whispering between your classmates behind you. Probably talking about your last incident, no doubt, you thought glumly. Luckily, Garmadon began talking about the technique he was going to be teaching.

"So, most would think that fighting strictly focuses on landing blows to your opponent's body. Who here would agree?" He spoke loudly.

There were scattered replies, a few heads nodding up and down. He put his hands behind his back, announcing, "Well, here's a news flash for you; you're mostly wrong."

The room fell silent, a few kids swapping confused looks. You tugged at the tips of your fingers as he continued explaining.

"While fighting does involve hitting and kicking someone, your balance affects the way you deliver it. So, today, I will be explaining the many ways you can find your balance."

Sounds easy enough!

"I will be dividing you all into groups of two for this exercise, so partner up with someone."

Rats. There it was.

He saw the way your face instantly changed into one of disappointment. You stood up to find a kid to partner up with but as you were about to turn around, Garmadon put a hand on your shoulder.

"Don't worry, you can partner with me. Is that okay, Y/N?"

You nodded with a smile, letting him lead you to the corner. You stood still, staring at the ground as he described the first exercise to the class.

As he spoke, you became painfully aware of the number of people that were staring you down. You tried to direct your attention to the voice of your teacher, but it was too late to stop thinking about it.

Don't worry! They're all just looking in my direction. You thought, trying to calm down. They aren't staring at you, or....or judging you. It's all in your head.

Suddenly, the snapping of fingers caught your attention.

"Y/N, did you hear me?" Garmadon looked a bit worried at your behavior.

You mumbled, "I'm sorry, Sensei. What'd you say?"

Sadly, your quiet tone was no match for the drafty ceiling and walls, which carried the sound of your voice.

Laughter rang out among your classmates, the echo drifting into every corner of the building. Your chest tightened as your cheeks burned a bright red.

Sensei Garmadon put his hand up, trying to make them still their noise. It worked wonders; nobody wanted to pick a bone with him.

He turned, saying, "Y/N, I..-."

You were gone. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He walked to the door but stopped in the door frame.

"Class is not dismissed. As punishment, you are all to practice the art of silence. If I hear so much as a whisper from any of you, you will have to do twice the amount of training you usually do. Choose wisely."

After he left the building, he caught a glimpse of you bolting behind a large cherry tree. He carefully trod on the grass to make sure he didn't startle you as he approached. Once he made it to the tree, he peeked around the large trunk where you sat.

You were leaned against the trunk, firmly covering your ears and sobbing. Your chest was aching from the heaving gasps you were sucking in and huffing out. It felt as if your ears were going to explode from ringing. 

Not again, you thought as tears rolled down your cheeks. 

Before you knew it, your sensei was slowly approaching you. You flinched back, unable to get out anything word-wise aside from gasping. He stopped to kneel in front of you, putting a few inches between you and him.

His mouth moved, but you couldn't hear what he was saying. He held a hand out in front of you, palm facing you. With his other hand, he gestured to his chest, raising it to his neck and lowering it to his stomach. He repeated this gesture until you understood what he was trying to say. You shakily inhaled and exhaled in the pattern he was moving his hand. 

Through the tears bubbling up in your eyes, you could see him give an encouraging smile. After several minutes, you began to calm down. The ringing in your ears had quieted themselves by a smaller amount. You were still panting a little, but you stopped hyperventilating. 

Garmadon stopped moving his hand and spread his arms out to offer a hug. You scooted closer, accepting the embrace. You let out a shuddering sigh as you felt him rub his hand up and down your back. His other hand reached up to your face to wipe the leftover tears away. 

"I..I-I'm sorry, Sensei. I thought I could..." You hiccuped as you pressed your face against his shoulder.

"It's okay, Y/N," He shushed. "I just want you to feel safe." 

You nuzzled yourself further into his body, feeling him giving you a gentle squeeze. 

"Would you like to stay like this for a bit longer? The class isn't going anywhere."

"Yes, please." 

Word Count: 912 Words.

(Hello, everyone! Here's the chapter I promised a few days late! I got sidetracked by laziness. 

Thank you all for reading! And thanks to @Mystic_Rose_77 for the request! I hope it's what you wanted! I tried to study anxiety attacks as much as I could for this one. I deal with sensory issues that make it hard to be in the same room with lots of noise, so I kind of based it off that. I hope you enjoyed reading it! If there are any typos/dumb stuff in the chapter, let me know so I can fix it!

I hope to see you all later! Have a good week!

- your sleepy author, Abbey :]     )