𝕓𝕝𝕦𝕟𝕥ᵗʷᵉⁿᵗʸ-ᶠᵒᵘʳ

BLUNT —

chapter twenty-four

"The food was delicious

"The food was delicious. Thank you, Katsuō-san, for inviting me along!" Korei smiled brightly, one hand wrapped tightly in Shinsou's while the other grasped onto a plastic baggie of her leftovers. Shinsou found it ridiculous that she even had leftovers, the portions were so small that he ended up ordering two meals!

"Of course, sweetheart. Anything for my little boog's girlfriend," Katsuō teased, reaching over to pinch Shinsou's cheek. Shinsou's indigo eyes narrowed in annoyance, though he wouldn't admit that to his mother. "I'm sorry that you didn't make it into the hero course today, babes. Just keep working on it. You'll get there in no time!"

Shinsou tried to wave the topic off but his girlfriend giddily chimed in. She went on and on about how amazing he was at the festival and Shinsou honestly couldn't understand where her interest laid. She was out of the race before the first obstacle was even halfway through, so how did she manage to make it back to the stands in time to watch him do...anything? And she knew so much about what he had done, almost down to the exact detail. It kind of freaked him out. Well, not kind of. It really freaked him out.

The trio ended up arriving at the train just as it was rolling in. Luckily, they clambered on and took their seats. Korei nearly fell asleep with her head on Shinsou's shoulder as her boyfriend and his mother chatted about their days. The sweet girl felt only the tiniest bit left out but she made no move to try and incorporate herself into the conversation. There really wasn't a point for it. Katsuō had already done so much for her and it was still only the first day they had met! It makes sense there was some awkwardness there, but at least it wasn't seriously bad.

"Korei," Shinsou whispered as he gently shook her awake. The girl hadn't realized that she actually fell asleep! Letting go of his hand, she rubbed her tired eyes until the black and white spirals dotted her vision. "Our stop is coming up, don't leave anything behind." She nodded in response, a sleepy 'mhmph' making Shinsou's stomach feel all fluttery. Grossed out with himself, he tried to distract his thoughts with some boring game on his phone.

Finally, they were back at the Shinsous' apartment, Katsuō dismissing herself to get ready for bed and leaving the two teenagers to pick their pajamas for the night. Korei lifted one of her own shirts that she had brought along with her, but Shinsou just shook his head and pushed it away, handing her the shirt that he wanted to see her in. "You're wearing this one to bed." Korei's cheeks flushed at his demanding tone, slightly upset that he was ordering her around but blaming it on his personality. She didn't want him to think that she didn't like him as he was. He didn't need to change for her...but he probably should treat her better.

"I'll go to the bathroom and change–" she began, only for him to cut her off with the softest kiss ever. It was more like he brushed his lips over hers, not giving her the chance to completely feel them but just getting the slightest hint of what it was like. She shivered ever so slightly, her face turning an even deeper shade of red. "–so you can change in here...!"

"Okay, kitten," he whispered, moving just a few inches away. There was this amused look on his face like he knew what he was doing to her. Korei hoped he didn't because that would be embarrassing! She felt like a little girl, which, in her defense, she is a little girl but still. "Maybe you can give me another massage before bed?"

"M-maybe!" She squeaked out, blushing brightly and burning up. Korei felt as though she would never understand how he was so blunt about things. Even though she didn't completely get everything, the things that she did understand would never leave her lips so openly...or so she thought. Pretty soon, she'd be talking about things that she never even dreamed about.

fluoxetine