𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖ᵉˡᵉᵛᵉⁿ

DATE —

chapter eleven

"Stretches! We'll be doing some simple stretches today since the Sports Festival is tomorrow

"Stretches! We'll be doing some simple stretches today since the Sports Festival is tomorrow. Find a partner and get started!"

Shinsou groaned inwardly as he stood from his seat on the bench. If only he had a quirk that was more heroic, a quirk that gave him more of an advantage in the strength department. Life was easy for those kids in the hero course, but the other kids? The kids who've been told they weren't good enough to make it in? They had it hard. Why is it that life is only hard for the people who truly want to go somewhere? Those bastards in the hero courses are just egotistical assholes who were blessed with strong quirks. Why the hell did he get stuck with a weak one?

"Shin-kun! Are ya ready for training?" Her voice was like a reminder that there was good in the world. Shinsou turned to face her, his bored eyes falling onto her excited grin. Korei always came out of the locker rooms a little bit later than the rest of the students. She'd never tell him why and he never really asked, but it was mainly because Korei didn't want to change in front of the other girls. "What are we doing today? Did I miss the announcement again?"

"Heh, yeah, you kinda did," he chuckled out, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Korei pouted before shrugging and smiling brightly up at him, linking her arm through his. Shinsou wasn't sure what she was doing but he definitely didn't hate it. "W-what are you doing, Saito?" 

"Well, we're gonna be partners, right? We always are! What's on the schedule today?" The chubby girl glanced around them, looking to see what the other students were doing. Some of the kids were doing lunges while the others were doing arm stretches. "Are we...running?" She tried to guess, her left eye scrunching up as she waited for Shinsou to tell her she was wrong.

"We're just doing some stretches. It's an easy day since the festival is tomorrow." He shrugged, looking around at the other kids as well. Korei hummed and started leading him to their designated spot, furthest from the others. Exercising in front of other people was very nerve-wracking for the two of them so they tried to stay away from the group as much as possible. "Hey...after the festival tomorrow, e-even if I don't win, do you maybe—" he averted his gaze from her as she stared at him expectantly. "—I don't know. Maybe you'd like to, you know, g-go out to eat...with me?" His voice went up a few notches and his eyes screwed shut. He was expecting a smack or a laugh, but neither of those came. 

"Y-yeah! Like...as friends o-or...?" Her face flushed and her heart began to beat rapidly in her chest. Had she really been stupid enough to ask that? Of course, it was just as friends! Like Shinsou would ever like an ugly girl like her! Not only was she heavy but her hair was frizzy and she had this gap in between her teeth that wasn't even in the middle! Who the heck has a gap between their central and lateral incisors? 

"Oh uh...well, would you...like...to go as...more?" He mumbled out, mentally cursing himself for even thinking that she'd want to go out with him. He was just a boring old general studies student with a manipulative quirk. He wasn't strong, didn't brush his hair, and he stayed up until ungodly hours of the night. Plus, he had this really stupid voice that made him sound like he was bored with everything and anyone. Who in their right mind would be attracted to that?

"W-would you?" She asked, her entire face bright red. They should have been doing their stretches but this was more important. In a few minutes, their coach would probably yell at them for not doing what they were told but neither of them cared. 

"Yeah," Shinsou breathed out, gazing down into her golden-brown eyes. Why back away now? Korei was putting some signals out that he hoped he was reading right. "I'd like to take you out on a...date. Is that okay?"

"Yes." Her response was breathless as she stared up at him in disbelief. Did he actually like her? "Yeah. I'd love that. Uh, but c-can we talk more about that later? We really need to do these stretches so we don't get in trouble." 

"Oh, yeah. Right." They sat on the ground, feet touching and their hands gripping onto one another's as they alternated stretching towards the other. Korei's heart was racing in her chest, making her feel like it was about to jump out. Shinsou couldn't help but think Korei was messing with him. People don't like him. He's not exactly...likable no matter how much he's tried to be. As he opened his mouth to ask her if she was just messing around, their coach shouted at them.

"Look at you two! Great teamwork! We need more students like you two! Great job!"

"I'm so glad he didn't come over here two minutes earlier." Shinsou snickered at what Korei had said, the two of them looking up at each other for a brief moment. A smile was shared between them and then they went back to what they were meant to be doing.

fluoxetine