𝕓𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕖ᶠᵒʳᵗʸ-ᶠⁱᵛᵉ

BEING AN ASSHOLE —

chapter forty-five

Korei hummed to herself, gripping onto the strap of her bag as she walked down the school hall

Korei hummed to herself, gripping onto the strap of her bag as she walked down the school hall. Summer was right around the corner, which meant that mid-terms were even closer! The thought alone freaked Korei out but she refused to let studying for the test scare her. Shinsou studied with her sometimes, knowing that it would make her very happy, but he was also busy with training still. So, Korei started studying with some of her other classmates, helping them with their work and everything. She's come to realize that people actually really do like her.

"Hey, Saito. What are you up to later?" Captain asked, ruffling his recently dyed lilac hair. Korei glanced up from her phone, which had been her center of focus since class was dismissed. The shoe lockers weren't too far and Shinsou said he'd be waiting by her locker for a quick hug before he had to go to training.

"Oh, uh, I'm meeting with Hitoshi-kun and then I'm heading home to...study? I'm not sure yet." She shrugged, turning her phone off before shoving it into her skirt pocket. Captain beamed at her words, rocking back and forth on his feet. His hands were stuffed into his pockets, an awkward throat-clearing making the situation even more...awkward. Korei knew what was coming.

"Maybe I can walk you home? Where d'ya live?" He asked, doing this thing with his face that pissed Korei off. She sort of scoffed and tilted her head to the side, a look of disbelief settling on her features. "We could grab something to eat...?"

"Stop." She demanded, dead serious. "I have a boyfriend whom I am madly in love with and I'm positive that he would not appreciate me bringing strange boys into his apartment. I thought I had made it obvious by repeating that I have a boyfriend, but now you're just really upsetting me. I've tried being nice, Captain, but you're being an asshole," she wouldn't even realize that she had said a curse word until later. "I don't want to go on a date with you. Shinsou and I are not breaking up, AND your name is annoying. Now, leave me alone...please?" She looked at him with this innocent glint in her eyes that made him like her even more, however, he just ran off and let her be. Korei sighed heavily and turned in the direction of the shoe lockers, jumping when she noticed her messy-haired boyfriend leaning against the wall. "H-Hitoshi!"

"Hey, kitten," he smirked, waiting for her to make her way over to him. Korei was wary, afraid that he might get mad at her for the things she said. Once she reached him, her arms wrapped around his torso and she immediately buried her face into the crook of his neck. Nearly healed hickies were on display as she inhaled his mind-numbing scent. How she longed for his touch. If only she had been in the mood a few weeks ago...that was the last time they really got close to doing anything. "Miss me?"

"Bunches," she mumbled into his neck, slowly pulling away to stand on her tip-toes and press her lips to his. "When will you be home tonight? Your mom and I might be going out for dinner, will you be done in time?" It's true that Katsuō and Korei had grown even closer than before, which was a great thing for the young couple!

"Not sure. Don't worry about it, enjoy yourself tonight." He responded, rubbing her arms affectionately. Korei shivered before smiling brightly at him. The purple-haired male wanted nothing more than to keep her with him wherever he went. Having her by his side made everything so much better. "You handled that dickhead pretty well, Korei. I'm proud of you."

"Oh...uh...thank you? He was being very disrespectful and rude," she pouted, unknowingly making Shinsou's heart ache. "I-i didn't mean to be so mean but he was really upsetting me, Hoshi."

"I heard," he teased her, watching her smile again and then try to wave off the interaction. Shinsou scoffed and pulled her closer to himself, tightening his arms around her so he could enjoy a quick hug before having to start training. "I love you, Korei. I'll have to thank you for your loyalty and faithfulness later. There's something that I'd like to try with you."

"Oh?" Korei raised her eyebrows, cheeks going red as her boyfriend smirked. What had she managed to get herself into? "Well, after you get home and shower, I'm all yours."

"Don't say things like that, Korei, unless you plan on staying true to your word." Korei smiled as Shinsou stared at her. She kissed him again and then rubbed her hands over his chest, a dreamy sigh leaving her lips.

"Of course, baby. I'll be waiting for you at home..." She didn't tell him what she was planning but Shinsou knew it was going to be something mind-blowing.

fluoxetine