𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕥𝕙ᵖˡᵘˢ-ᶠⁱᵛᵉ

THE TRUTH — angst

bonus chapter five

Korei strayed from Shinsou after that night

Korei strayed from Shinsou after that night. It was like she was trying to stay as distant as possible, and that thoroughly angered the boy. She was almost never where he looked for her. It made him regret not running after her that night. He was just so...pissed and he didn't want to hit her or anything again. After cooling off and taking some time to think things over, he decided that breaking up was the best option. It was obvious that Korei wanted to try new things and be with different people, which most definitely hurt Shinsou's feelings, but he also didn't want to stunt her emotional growth. He didn't want her to look back on their relationship and trace all of her emotional trauma right back to it.

It had been days, almost a few weeks since that mishap. Denki told Shinsou that Korei hadn't talked to him at all, which was exactly how she was with Shinsou. Hell, she didn't even show up to tutor him! Korei just...ignored them. It brought Shinsou to worry about her. He wanted to know that she was okay...and he wanted to talk to her about what had happened, but she wasn't ever in her dorm. She didn't even meet him in the showers anymore! Shinsou talked to all of her friends, asking them if she told them where she'd be but they had no clue. They didn't even know that she was having relationship issues with Shinsou, but it made sense why she was so...off now.

As Shinsou stared at his ceiling, he thought over everything that happened. Korei didn't respond to his texts anymore...so he stopped texting. She refused to meet up where they always did...so he stopped waiting. Is this really how she wanted their break-up to go? Why the hell was she avoiding him?! That's so childish!

Huffing out an angry breath, Shinsou rolled over and looked at the walls in his room. The poster he stared at had something to do with space, though he never really understood it. He just remembered his dad buying him it one day when they were shopping together. His dad always loved the stars. A lightbulb went off above Shinsou's head as he quickly sat up. How come he never thought to look there?!

fluoxetine

Korei was sitting on the roof, her back pressed against the brick wall as she stared up at the starry sky. She had been up there every night throughout the week. Most of her time was spent looking up at its beauty. It's no wonder that people started believing in mystical beings. The universe was far too divine to have no explanation. But why does it have to have an explanation? Why does anything need to be explained? Korei just wanted to exist without fear of letting someone down. She finally understood why Shinsou never wanted to plan things out. She swore she'd never make plans again.

"Korei?" It didn't sound like much of a question, in fact, it didn't sound like he held any emotion for her whatsoever. The chubby girl looked over at her boyfriend, if she could even still call him that, and waited for him to join her. "I've been looking for you..." He said, walking over and taking a seat beside her. He wanted to yell...and scream about how much he hated this, but he chose not to. Not everything needed to be made into such a big deal.