𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕒ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿᵗʸ-ᶠⁱᵛᵉ

MINETA — mature-ish

chapter seventy-five

Korei began packing her books up after the long study session she just had in the library

Korei began packing her books up after the long study session she just had in the library. She managed to help a bunch of her classmates with their schoolwork, as well as some students from the other courses. Even though there were so many people, she was the last person to start leaving from that group. It wasn't anything upsetting to Korei, in fact, she quite liked it because she knew she lived on campus so there was no rush to get home.

"Pardon me, pretty lady, I think you may have dropped this," came a voice that Korei had never heard before. The lisp threw her off quite a bit, especially since she hasn't met anyone who really had one. Looking around, she was confused because there wasn't anyone there. Maybe she"s going crazy? "Down here," they spoke after clearing their throat. Korei flushed from embarrassment, looking down to find a short, purple-haired boy holding a piece of paper to her. "I'm thinking this belongs to you."

"Oh, uh, maybe...?" She giggled softly, knowing that it was very possible that she had dropped a piece of paper while packing up. The boy placed the paper in her hand and Korei observed it, taking in the numbers that were written on it. The penmanship was very nice, almost too nice...as if this guy had something to make up for. "Oh, uh, i-it isn't mine, though I am flattered," she smiled at him, handing the paper back to him. "I'm very sorry."

"It's fine," he waved off, though he was mentally planning how he was going to end himself later. He'd never go through with it, but this was the thousandth rejection and he was starting to lose hope. Why did no pretty girls like him? This one didn't even know about his true personality! "I'm Minoru Mineta, but you can call me yours if you'd like."

"O-once again, Mineta-san, I'm flattered but I have a boyfriend," she explained to him, continuing to shove her books into her bag. As she pulled the strap onto her shoulder, she glanced down at Mineta once more. It seemed like he was trying to look up her skirt but she didn't want to jump to conclusions right away. "Surely there are other girls that would like you? It just so happens that I am deeply in love with my boyfriend."

"That's usually how it goes. If it's not a boyfriend, it's a girlfriend or a crush," he huffed quietly before waving it off. "But yeah, I think I know you're boyfriend anyway. He's got purple hair like me! I think I'm way better looking than him but it's pretty obvious that you like that whole...'just rolled out of bed but didn't get any sleep' look he's got going on." Korei was slightly irritated by this. If he had known that she was with someone, why would he ask? Wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt, she just shook it off and continued talking to him.

"W-well, Toshi is a very nice guy," she whispered softly, not knowing what else to say. She wanted to go on and on about what makes her want to be with Shinsou but she figured that Mineta wouldn't even bother listening to it. He seemed like he had approached her with a certain goal in mind, but she knew he wasn't going to accomplish it. Korei wouldn't have gone on a date with him even if she wasn't with Shinsou, and that's just the honest truth.