𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕣𝕚𝕕𝕖ᶠᵒʳᵗʸ-ᵒⁿᵉ

TRAIN RIDE —

chapter forty-one

Korei stood at the train with a few other people, the clock on the station wall reading only a quarter until four in the morning

Korei stood at the train with a few other people, the clock on the station wall reading only a quarter until four in the morning. There was something so calm about the early morning train rides. Korei had missed them, but she loved the extra sleep she got when she stayed with Shinsou. When she started staying with him, she stopped falling asleep during classes and at lunch, now, the only time she'd do that is if Shinsou kept her awake.

Pulled from her thoughts, she noticed the train had arrived. Waddling on with the couple of other half-awake half-adults, she noticed a familiar head of messy purple hair. His head was thrown back, neck on full display as he caught some extra sleep. He had to catch the train at one in the morning, simply because he wanted to spend time with Korei before school. She let out a quiet noise of shock before taking the open seat next to him.

"Hitoshi! What the heck are you doing on the train?" She whispered out, shaking him awake. The sleepy boy looked at her, a soft smile on his lips. Korei felt her knees go weak and she knew she wouldn't be able to stand up for the next few minutes. "Good morning, Hoshi-kun. I'm sure your neck hurts right now, doesn't it?" The gentle blush and playful smile were enough to set the tone of this interaction.

"I wanted to see you before school," he mumbled out, rubbing his eyes before sighing. "And yeah, my neck hurts like a bitch." His hand slipped to the back of his aching neck as regret polluted his mind. It was worth it though, to see Korei before school. He couldn't sleep last night, so focused on her and what she was doing. After their video call, he couldn't get her out of his head. It was like she was burned into his eyelids, yet he felt like he hadn't seen enough of her. Is this...real?

"Here, let me massage it for you. After that, you can lay down and put your head on my lap. This train is never packed this early in the morning." She hummed, her delicate hands reaching up for his head. Shinsou let his eyes flutter shut, shuffling a bit so she could massage the very base of his neck. He thanked her quietly, whispering out a phrase that they have only said once before. It came out unknowingly, he didn't even realize what he had said. It was so natural for him.

"I love you, Korei." His words made Korei stop what she was doing. She froze, biting her bottom lip before whispering the words back. It's not that she didn't love him, it's just so odd for her to hear him say it again. She thought that surely he wouldn't want to say that in public, heck, she even thought that he wouldn't want to be seen in public with her, but he continued to surprise her.

"I love you too, Hitoshi." Her voice was softer than usual, the purple-haired male nearly unable to hear her. She always talked so lowly but he could tell this was because she only wanted him to hear it. He was the only person who needed to hear it because her love was meant only for him. "Now, is your neck feeling better?"

"Yeah," he mumbled as she started massaging his neck again. It felt amazing to him. Korei smiled brightly, leaning forward to press a gentle kiss on his cheek. With an uncharacteristically dreamy smile on his thin lips, Shinsou fell into a faint daydream where he was grown and still with Korei. Oh what an amazing future that'd be.

fluoxetine