𝕓𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕦𝕡ˢⁱˣᵗʸ-ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿ

BREAKING UP —

chapter sixty-seven

"Thank you, Tsuichō-san! I appreciate the help!" Korei spoke as she signed to the brown-haired boy

"Thank you, Tsuichō-san! I appreciate the help!" Korei spoke as she signed to the brown-haired boy. He just smiled and nodded, signing to her that he was happy to help. This baffled Korei slightly, only knowing some sign language. "O-oh, uh...I apologize, Tsuichō-san. I-i don't really know that much sign language."

Tsuichō nodded understandingly, pulling his phone out so he could use the text to speech feature. Korei waited, admiring her new shelves until a female robotic voice was introduced to her ears. "I was just telling you that I enjoyed helping you. Also, could you help me with the math homework? I didn't get to finish it."

"Oh, yeah! Here, let me get it out of my bag so you can get a picture of it." She said as she pointed to her backpack and then made the motion for a camera. Tsuichō decided to let Korei in on a secret of his, one that almost no one in Yuuei knew.

"I'm not actually deaf, Korei. I'm just mute."

"Th-that..." Her whole face turned bright red as she grabbed her homework from her bag. This made Tsuichō chuckle at her. "Hey! D-don't laugh at me, Tsuichō-san!"

The sound of stifled chuckles and fingers tapping on a phone filled the room. "But it's funny! You're so red! I didn't know it was possible for people to glow without a quirk!"

"I thought you were deaf! I learned sign language so I could talk to you!" Korei exclaimed, unable to stop the smile that began to creep up on her. After what happened with Shinsou earlier, she didn't think it was possible for her to be...happy today.

"You learned sign language for me?" Tsuichō typed, the female robot's voice not portraying the emotion that he wanted. It's not every day that someone learns a new language to talk to him. Korei nodded, letting her smile shine brightly as she remembered the nights when she stayed up late with Shinsou while he played video games.

"Y-yeah! Hito-uh, Sh-shin-kun and I would stay up late. H-he helped me out because he understood it better. He knows a lot more than I do, I can really only sign those two lines from before, as well as my name." She nodded, watching the pale boy blush.

"You guys learned sign language for me? That's so sweet!" He started to tear up just a little and Korei was quick to offer him a tissue, not wanting him to be upset. "Thank you, Saito. No one's ever done that for me before. You'll have to thank Shinsou for me, as well."

"Of course, Tsuichō-san," she smiled, bowing slightly. The idea of talking to Shinsou sort of set her nerves alight. Would he be mad at her for kicking him out of her room? Should she have handled things differently? Maybe she should have been more understanding? As Tsuichō exited her room, Korei shut her door and pulled her phone out to call Shinsou. She would have gone to his room but she wanted to make sure he wasn't upset with her.

The line rang and rang until it finally went to voicemail, leaving Korei to sigh and hang up. She wanted to apologize to him. As she thought more about the incident, she couldn't help but feel bad. Tears began to well in her eyes yet again and she just stumbled towards her bed, laying down and crying into the wrinkled sheets. Why did this have to happen? Did this mean that they were...breaking up? God, she hopes not.

fluoxetine