𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕪 𝕓𝕠𝕪ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗʸ-ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ

PRETTY BOY — mature-ish

chapter eighty-eight

Korei danced around Shinsou's room as the loud rock song blared through the speakers of his television

Korei danced around Shinsou's room as the loud rock song blared through the speakers of his television. The night was gradually creeping in, the dorm was practically empty, and the couple was enjoying their time completely alone. It was very similar to one of the summer nights they shared together in his apartment.

As the song neared its second verse, Korei grabbed Shinsou's hands and tugged him up with her. She sang along, messing up the lyrics as she danced with her boyfriend. Yes, she was still only wearing her bralette and some shorts. Shinsou couldn't help but laugh and sing along with her, correcting her lyrics mishaps. It seems that every moment he spends with her, he learns how to appreciate life more...at least, appreciate life with her more.

Out of breath, Korei finished the song and then wrapped her arms around her boyfriend, pulling him in close so that she could rest her head against his chest. The purple-haired male smiled softly, placing a hand on the back of her head as they gently swayed to nothing. His playlist was full of songs that he enjoyed listening to, so putting it on shuffle meant going through a series of different genres. The next song to play after that heavy rock one was a slowed version of a song Korei was rather familiar with.

"Hey! I know this song!" She cheered, lifting her head to look up at Shinsou. He nodded, remembering that one morning when he heard the song playing from her phone. "This sounds like the type of music that you'd listen to when it's raining outside," she hummed, laying her head back against his chest. Shinsou chuckled in agreement, resting his chin on top of her head as his fingers carded through her dark-green locks. There was nowhere in the world that he'd rather be.

"Are you cold?" He asked softly, wanting to make sure that she didn't feel forced to not wear a shirt. Korei shook her head, snuggling closer to him as they continued to sway. She preferred not to wear a shirt, especially around her boyfriend. If she had more confidence, she'd probably walk around in just a bralette and shorts and call that an outfit. Shinsou probably wouldn't let her wear that around other people but it would be worth a shot.

Korei felt her heart ache a certain type of way when she heard Shinsou's low mumbles. He was singing along to the song but she felt like he was singing it for her. Her head tilted back, brown eyes taking in the way his lips moved before slowly easing up to his lidded purple gaze. "Even if my heart stops beating, you're the only thing I need...with me~" He sang lowly, his deep voice making the words sound even better to the green-haired girl. "You're the only thing worth taking...with me~" A smile graced Korei's plump lips, her eyes twinkling with admiration as he continued to sing the song to her.

Shinsou felt pride swell inside of him, unable to stop the smile creeping onto his face. He quietly asked her if she was okay with a twirl, to which she happily agreed. An excited giggle left her as her boyfriend spun her gently. "Wherever I'm going, I'm glad that you're coming...with me~!" Korei sang with him, returning to his arms to sway some more. Her eyes were locked on his as the song came to an end, a sincerity settling in the air. "You know-!" Her words were cut off by the loud screeching of the next song in the playlist. The pair would have loved listening to it any other time but at this moment, Shinsou was cursing the screamo-rap track for ruining the mood.