𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕤-𝕦𝕡ᵗʷᵉⁿᵗʸ-ᵗʷᵒ

DRESS-UP —

chapter twenty-two

"And there ya go, sweetheart! You look like a doll!" Katsuō cheered, stepping away from Korei and throwing her hands up

"And there ya go, sweetheart! You look like a doll!" Katsuō cheered, stepping away from Korei and throwing her hands up. "Hito, darling, what d'ya think?" The purple-haired male was walking past them with a small packet of some sort of snack cake that Korei had never tasted before. "Isn't she just the prettiest girl in the world?"

Shinsou stood still, looking at Korei as he munched on the snack cake. He thought she was absolutely gorgeous, but he preferred her without make-up. Not that it made her ugly, just that she looked...cheap. Shinsou didn't like make-up that much, especially not on Korei.

"She doesn't need all that make-up, Ma. She looks better without it." He murmured, shrugging, and taking a few steps towards his girlfriend. Korei was sitting there with a bright smile on her glossed lips. Shinsou reached up to brush his thumb over her shiny bottom lip, frowning. "See, I can't kiss you with this stuff on. I can't even offer you a bite of my snack cake." Korei didn't know why but that kinda...hurt? She knew he wasn't meaning it in a mean way but she felt pretty... and he didn't like it.

"Don't be like that, Hitoshi. I think you look amazing, Korei." Katsuō said, swatting Shinsou out of the way. Her arms wrapped around the green-haired girl whose smile had dropped upon hearing her boyfriend's response to her make-up. "Let's get you something cute to wear. We're going out to eat tonight. There's this nice fondue restaurant that I feel like you'd love." She smiled, stroking Korei's frizzy hair.

"I have money so I can pay my way!" Korei giddily explained, her smile back on those glossed lips. Shinsou had to admit that she was adorable. He rolled his eyes at her words, turning to head back into the kitchen whilst Katsuō continued to gush over how sweet his girlfriend was.

"Oh sweetheart, you're not paying for anything! It's my treat!"

"Ah! Katsuō-san! I can't do that to you! I'm sure the place is expensive!" Korei exclaimed, allowing the older woman to pull her onto her feet and lead her towards a room that Korei hadn't been in before. Shinsou showed her a glimpse of it but they never went inside. Surely, Shinsou has been in there before but Korei was in awe of the multiple little figurines on the shelves. Shinsou's mom was an absolute weeb!

"Hush it, sweetheart. I gotcha covered! Do you know what size you wear? I'm certain that I got something cute for ya!" This would have been around the time that Korei clammed up and shut down. Whenever someone asked for her size, she was embarrassed. There weren't a lot of women in Japan her size, and it was disappointing. People used to make fun of her but that was only in her first year of middle school. Most of the hate that she received was from her grandmother nowadays. Instead of being shy, Korei happily responded with her clothing size. Katsuō grinned and opened up her closet to start digging through her outfits. "See, I get a lot of this from brands and photoshoots. If you joined the modeling business then you'd definitely get some free clothes. Though most of the clothes that you get to keep from photoshoots are lingerie, everything else is given back."