𝕜𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕟ᶠⁱᶠᵗᵉᵉⁿ

KITTEN —

chapter fifteen

"You've made it so far! You're so close to winning this, Shin-kun!" Korei cheered, hugging the purple-haired male tightly

"You've made it so far! You're so close to winning this, Shin-kun!" Korei cheered, hugging the purple-haired male tightly. Shinsou looked down at her, placing his hand on her back. The festival has been going relatively well for him, leading him to the final round. "I already miss you!" Korei had failed to make it through the first trial, but she encouraged Shinsou to keep going.

"It's not like I'm leaving you," he mumbled. "And you'll still be my–" he wasn't sure if he should call her his girlfriend but he decided to do it anyway. I mean, they've kissed more than once and friends don't do that. "–girlfriend. Not like I'm changing that one." Korei flushed at what he said, feeling his hand brush through her hair. She had let her hair down sometime during the cavalry battle.

"W-well...." She nervously pulled away from him, her quirk subconsciously activating from the overwhelming emotions. Shinsou had gotten used to it, knowing Korei lost control of her quirk sometimes. He couldn't understand it and he wouldn't ask but if he did, he'd relate. "That's really g-good, 'cause I like you a lot." Korei nodded, tapping her fingers together before glancing up at him warily. What if he changes his mind? What if he had already?

"I like you a lot," he responded, his forefinger and thumb tilting her chin up a bit. Korei grew self-conscious, standing up straighter and tugging on the school's training uniform. "Have you decided where you'd like to go out to eat? We can order in too if you'd prefer that." The way his voice lowered in pitch at the end of the sentence made Korei's stomach do flips. How did this boy have such a wild effect on her?

"I-i didn't know I was picking!" Her eyes averted once more, dropping to the ground where she could stare at Shinsou's shoes. They still looked relatively clean compared to her own. Mainly because she's been pushing dirt around while she was watching him compete. There were a lot of really strong and competitive people partaking but she wasn't worried, she believed in Shinsou. It's just that she believed in him so much that she sort of made herself sad because she knew that meant he'd be transferring out.

"Of course you're picking, kitten." Goosebumps rose on her skin and she glanced up at him once again. Her breath hitched in her throat and she couldn't explain the feeling in her chest. Before she could speak, Shinsou pecked her lips and then took her hand in his. "Let's go grab something for lunch." Korei nodded hesitantly, stumbling after him. Her mind was racing almost as fast as her heart and there was nothing she could do to stop it. That kind of scared her.

"S-so...kitten?" She asked softly, her already quiet voice nearly ten times quieter than before. Shinsou glanced over at her, an amused look in his indigo eyes. "Li-like, i-is that gonna be a thing?" She nervously scratched the back of her head, avoiding eye contact.

"No, some guy was looking at you like he didn't know you're mine." His words sounded so honest that Korei felt her whole world crash down around her. It actually felt like her heart had shattered. Why would she ever even think that he wanted to call her kitten?

"O-oh," she breathed out, her shoulders slumping forward. Shinsou watched on, frowning when he realized that she believed him. Of course, she did. His voice was stupid and he could never portray his emotions through it. What the hell is wrong with him?

"Hey," he whispered, letting go of her hand so he could turn and brush her away from her forehead. His lips touched the bumpy skin, Korei's cheeks flushing from endearment and embarrassment. Once again, her quirk activated and Shinsou could smell cinnamon. His eyes fell to meet hers, a soft smile that was reserved only for her playing on his chapped lips. "You're my kitten."

Her golden-brown hues lit up with excitement, cheeks still flushed and warm. "Kitten," it was like she was testing the word out to see what it felt like. She'd change her name but she only wanted to hear Shinsou call her it. "I like it."

fluoxetine