𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒 𝕨𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕖ᶠⁱᶠᵗʸ-ⁿⁱⁿᵉ

DATING A WHORE —

chapter fifty-nine

Korei hummed to herself as she washed and dried the dishes

Korei hummed to herself as she washed and dried the dishes. Katsuō had arrived home not too long ago and was starting dinner, so Korei decided to wash up the dishes she and Shinsou had dirtied for lunch. As she and Katsuō worked in the kitchen, Shinsou sat in the living room with his eyes glued to the television screen. His favorite show came out with a new episode today, which only just aired now. Everything was going great...until it wasn't.

"Mama! Mommy~" he drew out, his head thrown back against the couch as he strained to look into the kitchen. He wanted something to drink and he also wanted to know how much longer until dinner was done.

For the past few days, Korei had gotten so used to being called 'mommy' that she totally forgot Shinsou's actual mother was there. Perking up a little, she called out to him to ask what he needed, however, there was a voice layered over hers. As the little girl realized her mistake, she turned bright red and stared down at the running water. Katsuō turned around to look at her, eyes wide with shock and disbelief. This left Shinsou extremely quiet. What the hell had just happened? Why had he said that?!

"M-mo-mommy...?" Katsuō stuttered out, suddenly taking a few steps out of the kitchen to see where her son was now shamefully cowering into the couch. She looked back and forth between the two and then took a deep breath, trying to clear her mind and calm herself down. As calmly as possible, she smiled at Korei's back. "Korei, sweetheart, go to my bedroom," the girl quickly turned the water off, drying her hands on a nearby hand towel. "Now."

"Yes, ma'am, Katsuō, ma'am," she murmured and hurriedly rushed out of the kitchen to the bedroom. Shinsou peeked back to catch the scared look on her face before she disappeared. Oh no, this was not going to be okay. There wasn't really any way to get by this. It doesn't matter if his mother already thought they were doing things, it matters that now she knows they were doing things...and that Shinsou calls his girlfriend mommy! What the fuck?!

"Hitoshi, darling, I'll deal with you later, okay?" Katsuō smiled once again and Shinsou nodded, watching as his mother carefully made sure everything was turned off in the kitchen. He felt like he needed to do something. Is there any way he could stop this?

"Mama...please don't hurt her? I-it's not–" he cut himself off, gaze adverted since he didn't want to lie. Katsuō looked at him with this sharp glare, waiting for him to finish talking. Was she upset? Hell yes. "She didn't–! It's not like we–ugh!" He couldn't find the right words to say. Nothing made sense! "J-just don't be mean to her, okay? It wasn't her idea!" Shinsou practically shouted, looking at his mother with as much emotion on his face as he could muster. Korei definitely didn't need to be put in this position. Why couldn't he have just watched what he said more carefully?

As that went on in the living room, Korei sat in Katsuō's once very comforting room, mentally cursing herself for not being careful! It's all her fault that this happened! Now Shinsou's gonna get yelled at by his mom and she might even get kicked out! It's not fair! Why did she have to answer him? She knew his mom was around! What the actual fuck is wrong with her? Why couldn't she have just ignored it? Bu-but Shinsou needed something. So maybe she could just write it off as worrying about him? Yeah, that could work! She definitely wasn't being freaky with Katsuō's son! No, she couldn't lie so blatantly to the woman that's practically housed and fed her these past few months.