𝕕𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕙ˢⁱˣᵗʸ-ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ

DEVILISH —

chapter sixty-eight

Shinsou stared up at his ceiling from his place on his bed

Shinsou stared up at his ceiling from his place on his bed. It's weird because his room smelled like Korei already and he couldn't even tell what she smelled like...he just knew it was her...and he loves her.

Korei cared about him in ways that Shinsou didn't think anyone ever would. He always just assumed that people would look at him like he was the bad guy, the villain; all because his quirk was...devilish. They always thought he would go evil one day and brainwash people into doing his bidding. With a quirk like his, the villain life would be easy...but being a hero was his dream. Korei was the only person who really saw that. Sure, his mom knew that he wanted to be a hero but she was always telling him how worried she'd be about him. He didn't want to hear that, he wanted to be told that someone believed in him! Korei believes in him. God, he hopes she still does.

How could he be such an asshole to her? What the hell was so wrong with him? Groaning and rolling over on the bed, Shinsou shoved his face into his pillows and continued replaying the events over in his head. Why? Why did he say those things to her?! Why did he make her afraid of him?

He needs to apologize to her. If this ruined everything, he would understand, but he needed Korei to know that he didn't mean any of the bullshit he said. Sure, he sometimes thinks she wants to be with someone else but he was almost a hundred percent positive that she wouldn't sleep with someone else when they were together. Sh-she'd never do that...right? No. No. Stop thinking like that! Korei would never!

Sitting up, the purple-haired male looked around his room, noticing that he still had a bunch of boxes to unpack. Korei had managed to get all of his clothes and school stuff set up for him, but there was so much other stuff that he needed out. She was so sweet to him. So willing to make him happy. Was he using her?

Quickly shoving that thought to the back of his mind, he scrambled out of bed and grabbed a box to start unpacking. This would take his mind off of everything, or at least give him some time to prepare a good enough apology for Korei. She deserved that, at the least.

As he placed things on his desk, he couldn't help but think about what Korei was doing right now. Did she have someone else putting the shelves up for her? Was it that Tsuichō guy? Or was it the fucking asshole who hit on her when Shinsou wasn't around? Who the hell did she get help from? He wanted to know...but he was also worried. What if...what if she wanted to break up with him because of this? What if she ends up getting with one of the guys in their class? Fuck, fuck. S-she wouldn't move on that quickly, would she? Shit, stop thinking about it! Think about something else...someone else.

Denki Kaminari. Would Korei ever get with...him? He hit on her when they first met...and Korei thought he was nice! Their energy is similar, Korei's very ecstatic and happy all the time...like a ray of sunshine. Holy fuck, so is Denki. She always acted so differently when they were alone together. When he first met her, she seemed so shy and quiet...but Korei was only shy and quiet when something was wrong. Dammit. If she got with Denki then she'd probably be happier...he'd take her to those stupid carnivals and fairs...even the fucking arcade, like she wanted. Korei would...fall in love with him so...easily. Did she fall in love with him easily?

Scared from his thoughts by his phone ringing, Shinsou glanced over at the device. Korei's sweet face flashed on the screen and he knew immediately that she was calling to apologize. He couldn't let her do that. She didn't do anything wrong. He was the one who should apologize. Instead of answering, he let it ring...he still didn't have the perfect apology for her.

fluoxetine