𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕤ᵗʷᵉⁿᵗʸ-ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ

FRONTS —

chapter twenty-three

Korei stood in front of the full-body mirror in Katsuō's bathroom

Korei stood in front of the full-body mirror in Katsuō's bathroom. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. The way the black and yellow fabric hugged her curves and accentuated her features had her mind pretty much blown. The chubby girl didn't feel like a chubby girl when she was wearing the lacy material, she felt like the hottest girl in the world. It made her think to herself, why did she separate the two from each other? Korei was chubby, maybe a bit more than chubby, and she was still the hottest girl in the world.

Her golden-brown eyes observed her reflection one more time before pulling on one of the cute dresses that Katsuō had picked out for her. It nearly fit her perfectly, but the area around her chest was a bit tight. She would have switched out of the dress but she saw her own reflection and she had to admire it. Damn, she looked amazing. She had to show...someone! But who would even want to see her? Everyone. Everyone would want to see her.

"My Lord," Katsuō said when she saw her son's girlfriend step out of the bathroom in that cute pink dress. "How d'ya feel, sweetheart?" She asked, watching Korei brush wrinkles out of the dress. Said girl looked up at her with brown eyes full of newfound confidence and excitement. Katsuō knew exactly what that meant.

"I feel amazing, Katsuō-san! I love everything about this dress!"

As Katsuō opened her mouth to tell her that she can keep the article of clothing, Shinsou popped his head into the room. He was coming in to let his mother know that he was ready but his mouth went dry when he saw his girlfriend. Is it possible for real girls to be so pretty? How is she so pretty? Katsuō could see it on her son's face and it scared her just a little bit because her son was growing up.

"Look, Toshi! Isn't this dress just so pretty?" Korei exclaimed, motioning to her body. Shinsou could barely speak, his cheeks turning red as he struggled to clear his throat and get the words out. Korei is the most gorgeous person that he's ever seen, why is it so hard for him to say that?

"I-it's not bad, Korei." No! What the fuck? Why couldn't he just tell her that he thought she was absolutely breathtaking? "Is that what you're wearing out to dinner?" He asked, his voice returning to monotonous and bored, even though he was freaking out inside.

"Y-yes, is that okay?" Korei was worried that he wouldn't like it, worried that he might react to it in the worse way possible. She wasn't sure why it would hurt her so bad but she knew it would.

"Sure, yeah. It's fine," he nodded, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Uh, well, this is what I'm wearing." He motioned to his thrown-together outfit. The graphic tee he was wearing depicted two skeletons cuddling in a coffin and Korei couldn't help but blush.

"You're not even gonna brush your hair, Hito?" Katsuō asked as she looked through her jewelry case for some cute earrings for Korei. "Sweetheart, here are some earrings you can wear."

"Oh, uh, thank you," Korei spoke, taking the large dangling earrings from the older woman. Walking to the mirror, she began slipping the earrings into one of her half-healed piercing holes.

"No, mom. Are you two almost ready?" He asked, picking lint out of his jeans pockets. Attempting to not stare at his girlfriend, his gaze remained trained on his sock-covered feet.

"Ah, Korei's ready. I'll bring you some shoes when we're ready to leave, dear. You two go and do whatever while I get ready, got it?" Katsuō wasn't trying to shoo the couple out of her room but she did need to hurry and get a shower if she wanted to make it to the restaurant in time. "Now, don't go touching fronts just 'cause I said do whatever."

"What's 'touching fronts'?" Korei asked softly once she and Shinsou were far enough away from his mother's bedroom door. The indigo-eyed boy smirked, motioning for Korei to enter his room before him.

"What we were doing earlier."

fluoxetine