𝕠𝕜𝕒𝕪ˢⁱˣᵗᵉᵉⁿ

OKAY -

chapter sixteen

Shinsou glanced up at the stands, listening to his classmates cheer for him

Shinsou glanced up at the stands, listening to his classmates cheer for him. Hell, even the pros were talking about how awesome his quirk was. That's what he's always wanted. Up until this moment, he didn't think that he'd fail this festival. Maybe he wouldn't make it into the hero course right now, but that's alright. He wouldn't give up.

"Hoshi-kun! Are you okay? D-did you hurt your head? I-i saw the slam and I-" God, she was so out of breath that it was actually kind of adorable. Shinsou was snapped from his trance, looking towards the tunnel where Korei was. She had one hand on her knee as she took a puff of her inhaler. "-I came running. I can't believe they let that happen!" He took a few steps forward, grabbing Korei's shoulder and yanking her in for a hug.

Like he had told Midoriya, people tended to tense up when they found out about his quirk. They didn't want to talk to him anymore, even if he hadn't used his quirk on them. That's why Shinsou was certain Korei didn't have feelings for him. People didn't like him, he was too "villainous." But Midoriya didn't hesitate, and Korei? That girl was gonna be the death of him.

"I was so worried! N-not saying you couldn't do it but all I could think of is how they could hurt you. I didn't want you to get hurt," she mumbled into his chest, wrapping her arms around him and hugging him tightly. "Let's go to Recovery Girl so she can check on you."

"I'm not hurt." He tried to convince her but she could see the slight wince every time he walked forward. After being slammed on the ground like that, Korei was surprised that was the only prominent injury he had. Shinsou isn't exactly buff, he acted like he was gonna die during stretches so she was most definitely worried about him. Korei gave him a look that said for him to stop lying to her and he sighed. "I'm not hurt that bad, Korei."

"Let Recovery Girl decide that, please? I just wanna make sure you don't die in my arms later tonight." Shinsou chuckled at her words, leaning down to plant a gentle kiss on her cheek. Korei blushed and reciprocated the action, kissing his cheek before they started walking out.

"So, have you finally decided what you want to eat later?" He asked her, his eyes fluttering shut for a moment. Korei hummed, letting him know that she was thinking they could stop and get some sushi because she's been craving some all day. Shinsou felt her hand brush over that spot on his back, the spot where his back hit the ground first. "H-hey! Don't do that!" He groaned, smacking at her hand.

"S-sorry!" She squeaked out. "I'm really sorry, Hoshi-kun! I just...I told you." Her words made Shinsou glare at her, a playful and amused look on her face. "Stop pouting. Let's find Recovery Girl and get it fixed. I'll give you a massage later to make up for it."

Just the thought of Korei running her soft, gentle hands all over his body, made the purple-haired male excited for a few moments. That is until he remembered how his body looked. He's never been terribly insecure about his looks but it's not like he's never thought of being better. Especially after the defeat that he just took, it was like he couldn't forget how weak he truly was. Korei was going to see that, hell, she probably already knows! How could she like a guy like him? He's not strong enough to do anything for her. He couldn't even fight Midoriya!

"Are you okay, Hoshi-kun?" Korei asked softly, pulling Shinsou from his horrible thoughts. He loved hearing that nickname. It didn't make sense to him because he wasn't good, but it filled him with this sense of comfort that he's never had before. "Like mentally. I know you're hurting physically and stuff."

"Y-yeah." He was taken aback, not sure why being asked about his mental state made him feel like he was suddenly alright? He knew he wasn't but just the thought that Korei cared like that, that anyone cared like that, made him feel okay.

"I'm not sure if I believe that but we'll talk about it later, okay? After you get all cleaned up and healed."

fluoxetine