𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕤ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿᵗᵉᵉⁿ

SWEETS -

chapter seventeen

"I'm exhausted. How are you still up and walking around?" Shinsou asked as he watched Korei open his closet up. He had tasked her with collecting some pajamas, meaning he was giving her the chance to wear what she wanted.

"Well, you know, I didn't nearly die today," she giggled, grabbing out some clothes for Shinsou. That was the easy part, now for the hard part. All she needed was a shirt but she wanted one that fit. That would be extremely difficult because of their obvious size difference.

"I didn't nearly die. I would have beat that kid but he managed to break my control. That pisses me off, honestly. I don't see how that's even possible-" Shinsou continued ranting, easing up into a sitting position on his bed. Korei listened to him, still searching for a shirt to wear. "-he had to of cheated or something. And if it wasn't for monkey boy then I would have got him again, you know. Hey, what was wrong with that shirt?" He asked, climbing off of the bed and walking over to her. Korei glanced over her shoulder at him, tugging the shirt out on the hanger as if to ask if that was the one he was talking about. Shinsou nodded. "Yeah, that one. You're taking a really long time over here. Look, just wear..." he reached over her, grabbing a shirt further into the closet and handing it to her. "...this one. It should fit."

"Oh uh..." she checked the tag and felt her cheeks redden. It was quite a bit bigger than the other shirts he had in his wardrobe. "...is this another one of your dad's old shirts?" She asked softly, making sure to put the hanger back in the closet. Shinsou slid the door shut for her, taking the other clothes she held as he shook his head. "I've never seen it before though, is it...new?"

"It doesn't matter." Shinsou shrugged, placing his clothes on the foot of his bed before plopping himself down beside them and pulling Korei in for a hug. He rested his head against her chest, his arms wrapping around her waist and tugging her in closer. "You can get your shower first." Korei smiled, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and hugging him tighter. It really meant a lot to her that he'd go out of his way to buy a new shirt that she could wear to bed, and by the smell of it, he had already worn it just so it'd be one of his shirts and not a new one.

"Then I'll give you that massage after you get out of your shower." She left no room for questions, telling him exactly what was going to happen. Shinsou felt goosebumps dance over his spine, subconsciously squeezing her tighter from nerves. He hoped she wouldn't find his body gross because he didn't have abs or muscles upon muscles. He was relatively skinny, he just had a decently built chest.

"Were there any leftover cinnamon bites?" The two had stopped to grab something sweet after their little sushi date, which was definitely a good idea. Shinsou couldn't sleep without having some type of sugar in his system.

"Uh, yeah? I believe so unless you ate them all," she mumbled, running her fingers through his hair. It was surprisingly soft but there were a few knots here and there. "Do you want me to grab them for you?"

"No, it's fine. I'm gonna eat them while you're in the shower, " he hummed, slowly pulling away to look up at her. The butterflies in his stomach finally awoke when he saw those gorgeous brown eyes he adored. "Do you want me to save you some, kitten?"

"No, it's fine if you eat them, Hoshi-kun. I know how much you like sweets." Her heartbeat began to race when she heard the pet name. She just needed to get used to it so she wouldn't feel like she was on a roller coaster whenever he said it. "Such a sweet tooth. Your teeth'll rot, you know?"

"I'm here for a good time, not a long time," he smiled, his thumbs brushing over the skin on her neck. Korei felt a little self-conscious when he did stuff like that. It was just another reminder that she had a double chin. "Plus, if I cut all the sweet things out of my diet, I'd have to get rid of you." It was yet another euphemism she didn't fully understand but this one made her blush a bit. "I don't want to get rid of you."

"Then don't get rid of me," she whispered softly, her chubby hands cupping the sides of his face. "It'll be you and me, Hitoshi. We won't need anyone or anything else." He couldn't explain why but his eyes suddenly welled with tears. Why'd she have to be so fucking amazing?

"Promise?" He asked, his voice cracked ever so slightly and it made Korei smile reassuringly.

"Promise."

fluoxetine