𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕤𝕥-𝕔𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕠ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ

WORST-CASE SCENARIO —

chapter three

Korei stepped through Yuuei's security gate, a bright and cheery smile on her face

Korei stepped through Yuuei's security gate, a bright and cheery smile on her face. The school looked even bigger than when she went for her entrance exam. Freshly cut grass gave off a sweet smell that Korei kept note of for later moments. As she observed the campus, she remained standing in one spot. It's not like she was taking up the walkway. Sure she was a lot larger than the other people around but she wasn't big enough to take up the whole walkway. However, someone ended up bumping into her anyway.

"This year is gonna be our year, man! Oh, fuck--" the tall, black-haired boy's back collided with someone else's back. He quickly turned around and apologized, his eyes skimming over the person to make sure he hadn't caused them to dump anything. Korei didn't even bother looking up at him, her hands fumbling to secure her bag. "--my bad! Didn't mean to bump into ya!" There was a nervous chuckle but Korei still hadn't looked up at him.

"I-it's okay! I wasn't looking!" She waved it off, happy that nothing was messed up. The dude apologized one more time before walking off. As he left, Korei looked up to catch the image of his fleeting back. Scratching her head, she decided that she should probably start heading to class now. Classes didn't start for another thirty minutes but she wanted to make sure she knew where her seat was. Maybe she'd get lucky and make a new friend? Who knows what could happen!

— fluoxetine —

There weren't many instances where Korei felt small, but as she entered the large classroom, she couldn't help but shrink into herself. It was like she wanted to make everyone think she was a lot smaller than she actually was. Instead, she just looked...constipated? Only a few heads turned towards her when she walked inside, but that was enough to make her internally freak out. She knew she should have worn some tights or something! Why did the school require females to wear skirts?

Scanning the classroom, Korei recognized three or four people from her old school. Luckily, they were all kids that hadn't been mean to her. In fact, she could probably re-introduce herself and make friends with them.

Hesitantly, she stepped towards the empty front desk. On the board behind it, there was a seating arrangement for the whole class. Underneath each student's name was a number, from one to twenty. Korei's golden-brown eyes quickly searched the board for her name and number, letting her know that she was sitting in the second to last row. Sadly, this meant that there'd be someone sitting on all sides of her, including the back. Once again, she freaked out inside and checked the name underneath hers to see if she knew them. What she saw made her heart race. This has to be a joke...right?

"See your name?" Someone asked from beside her, a gentle hand on her shoulder. Her head jerked up and she caught sight of the man that was going to be her homeroom teacher. She knew he was going to be her homeroom teacher because he just had this teacher-like air about him. "Uh...Saito, right?"

"Y-yes, sensei!" She nodded, her voice squeaking from shock. The teacher chuckled and then asked her to take a seat. The green-haired girl nodded again and practically scrambled to her desk. Before sitting down, she tugged out some supplies and made sure she was prepared for any note-taking or writing the class was asked to do. Her bag was dropped to the floor as she plopped herself into the seat. Her heart felt like it was going to beat right out of her chest. Was this actually happening?

A few minutes passed before more students started entering the classroom. Korei honestly thought that she had imagined what she read, but even from where she was sitting she could still clearly make out his name on the board. Hitoshi Shinsou was sitting behind her. She couldn't believe it! Hopefully, she didn't smell bad! Wait! What if her shirt did that thing where it bunched up on her back and then her buttcrack was showing? Worse! What if her skirt managed to get caught in her panties?! She'd die of embarrassment if either of those things happened.

Her thoughts were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. Unknowingly, she had sat down in the wrong seat. Of course, this would happen to her! She's a walking embarrassment! How could she not realize that she was sitting in the wrong seat? What's worse is that she was sitting in Shinsou's seat and now he was looking down at her with an unreadable expression on his face. Did he get taller during summer?

"I-i'm in your seat, aren't I?" She mumbled out, her underarms suddenly feeling super sweaty. Shinsou smirked, nodding down at her. An apologetic smile was sent his way as she fumbled to collect her notebook and pencil. "I'm so sorry, Shinsou-san! I honestly didn't even realize that I was sitting in the wrong spot!"

"Well, that's fine, uh–" he glanced at the blackboard and read Korei's name off as she moved to her original seat. "–Saito. It happens sometimes." Her whole body was covered in goosebumps. Who told this boy that it was okay to make her feel like this? "Do you have an extra pencil that I can borrow? I'll give it back at the end of the day."

Korei grabbed for her bag, turning in her chair so she was facing the person on her left. She dug through the neatly organized bag before grabbing the black mechanical pencil that she had multiple of. "Here. You can keep it."

"Thanks," he spoke, accepting the pencil from her as he took a seat. His indigo eyes took in her appearance, finding her oddly familiar looking. Had he met her before? Maybe she hung out with a few of his old friends? That could be it. She definitely didn't look like someone who went to his middle school. "But I'll give it back to you at the end of the day, Saito."

"U-uh, okay!" There was the squeak again. Korei cleared her throat and turned around, her cheeks bright red as she clutched her own pencil tightly in her hand. She hoped she didn't screw this up! What if he thought she was weird? He probably already did. Oh man, she really needed to stop thinking about the worst-case scenarios.

fluoxetine