𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕒𝕪 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕛𝕖𝕔𝕥ᵗʷᵉⁿᵗʸ-ⁿⁱⁿᵉ

ESSAY PROJECT —

chapter twenty-nine

Korei sat in class, her cheek resting against her hand as she tried to focus on the board

Korei sat in class, her cheek resting against her hand as she tried to focus on the board. She was having a hard time because all she could think about was the mark on her neck that she had to hide. Shinsou was sat behind her, his marks proudly on display. The only time he had to hide them was around his mom.

"So, grab a partner and..." The rest of that sentence was lost to Korei as she quickly turned to look at her boyfriend. Shinsou had been staring at her for the past ten minutes anyway, a small smirk was sent her way to let her know that he was paying attention to her. "You may start discussing heroes for which you wish to write a five-page essay. You have three weeks to complete this and I want two separate essays. One from each of you. It's okay to share citations and data, but do not give me two identical papers."

Korei watched Shinsou's shoulders drop at the mention of an essay. She giggled at his reaction, waiting for the "go ahead" to turn her desk to face his. Upon receiving that, she stood up and moved her desk to link with Shinsou's. "Okay, Hoshi. I was thinking we do a paper on Cow Lady, the American pro-hero, or even Fatgum!" She smiled brightly, excited to discuss the heroes that she knew about.

"Cow Lady? I've never heard about her..." Shinsou murmured, slowly moving his hand away from his face. "Is she like...part cow or something?"

"No, she has a quirk that gives her the abilities of a cow. She dresses like a cowgirl and I find her to be a really cool hero. She's also a big supporter of anti-hate, and she's even starting her own peaceful protest program that not only organizes peaceful protests but also provides protestors with protection and other necessary items." Korei gushed, practically bouncing in her seat as she explained all of this to Shinsou. "And! And she's pro-choice, and an advocate for women's rights around the world. Also, she's very body positive, which I love."

"And why do you want to pick Fatgum?" Shinsou questioned, amused eyes trained on his girlfriend's face. An embarrassed blush coated her cheeks and she bit her bottom lip, averting her gaze to the floor. Her hands went to her lap, nervously fiddling with her skirt.

"Because he's Fatgum. He's amazing..." She mumbled out, unable to control her cute smile. Shinsou slumped forward a little bit, a dreamy sigh leaving his lips unknowingly. Man, he was so obsessed with her! "H-he's really sweet! And he's totally for body positivity! And he's bringing more people to their senses with accepting heavy body types in all genders, not just women." Her hands suddenly shot up, moving in all sorts of ways as she tried to explain why Fatgum was her favorite hero. Shinsou was slightly distracted but he did his best to listen. "You know, I met him once! H-he was patrolling my neighborhood because of a recent string of robberies, and he knocked on my door! I-i got to talk to him and hug him! He's so amazing."

"I'm not gonna lose you to him, right?" He teased, winking and reaching for her hand. Korei's blush darkened and she let his fingers interlock with her own, slowly bringing her back into reality.

"N-no..." Her word was mumbled, cheeks puffed out and her lips pulled into a pout. "He's not a pedophile, Toshi."

"Oh my God, Korei. Is that the only reason?" Shinsou asked, playfully shocked. He watched Korei's eyes widen again, stuttering out her response. "If he was one, would you pick him over me?"

"N-no! No! I-i mean..." She trailed off for a moment, her face burning bright red. Shinsou gasped, feigning hurt just to mess with her. "I mean no! I wouldn't, Hoshi! I promise!" Korei exclaimed, her other hand grabbing for his. "I wouldn't."

"I can tell that you're lying," Shinsou spoke, his nonexpressive face and monotonous voice convincing Korei that he was being honest. She was so gullible. On one hand, Shinsou loved the fact that he could trick her so easily, but on the other hand, he didn't like that she couldn't tell when he was joking. This would cause issues in their relationship later, he just knew it. "I'm kidding, Korei."

"Oh," she mumbled softly, letting go of his hands. "Okay, well, what are your choices for a hero? Who do you think we should write about?" Her smile made Shinsou's stomach do that fluttery thing again! Trying to ignore that, he sat up straighter and explained to her why he wanted to write a paper on either Tiger from the Wild, Wild Pussycat group, or Gang Orca.

"I mean, we could do Tiger or Gang Orca. Or, and this is purely because I know nothing about him, we could do something about Eraserhead." He shrugged. Korei hummed, her brows furrowing together as she thought. Shinsou couldn't help but think about how adorable she looked.

"Hey, isn't he the one training you?" She asked quietly, remembering something about Aizawa offering to train her boyfriend so he could make it into the hero course. The purple-haired male nodded.

"Yeah." They shared a look before he asked the most important question. "So, who are we picking?"

fluoxetine