𝕡𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕖ᶠⁱᶠᵗʸ

PASSIONATE —

chapter fifty

"Rise and shine, princess," Korei giggled, shaking Shinsou awake

"Rise and shine, princess," Korei giggled, shaking Shinsou awake. She was already dressed and ready to get to school, with a strong sense of self-confidence and an extra pep in her step. After last night's events, the sweet girl was overrun with giddy feelings. She wore her favorite set of lingerie and took extra care when putting her school uniform on. "I warmed up some of those breakfast croissants that Katsuō-san bought. You've gotta get up and get ready, babe."

Shinsou groaned and gently swatted at her hands in an attempt to sleep peacefully. "No, lemme sleep." His morning voice made Korei's knees weak, but his morning breath made her discreetly cover her nose. Though he couldn't see her, she didn't want to chance making him feel bad.

"Nope, you gotta get up, Toshi. It's the last day of school before midterms," she shook him once more before moving to open up the curtains. As the morning sun filtered into the room, she smiled and turned to face her boyfriend. He was not pleased with her actions, sitting up and glaring at her with this deadly look in his eyes. She waved off the look and plopped down beside him. "Are you testing with Class C or have you already transferred?"

"I'm not going to be able to transfer until a spot opens up, Korei," Shinsou grumbled, trying to explain the situation to her. It's not like he's told her a lot about it so it makes sense that she has the wrong idea. "I've been training and preparing with a few of the teachers. I haven't even met any of the other students aside from a few kids from the festival." Korei listened intently, placing her hand on his thigh in a comforting manner. "So, I'll be testing with Class C. The only times that I'm not there is when Mr. Aizawa has me in the empty Class 1-B classroom or the Teacher's Lounge, learning about stuff the hero courses learned when we were busy with calculus and poetry. That's not what we signed up for."

Korei refrained from telling him that she did sign up for that. She never cared about being the hero, which is another reason why her grandmother didn't understand why she signed up for Yuuei when she could have gone to a normal high school. Korei just wanted to be a little bit closer to the hero aspect of things. She wanted to know her options, she just would never pick anything other than the safe route.

"I failed the entrance exam because we were fighting against robots. See, people like us," he motioned between himself and Korei. "We weren't given the opportunities they were. I'm not going to sit by and let them live my dream." His eyes twinkled and Korei felt the butterflies in her stomach awaken. Seeing him so passionate about something made her...happy. "My breath stinks, doesn't it?" He asked lightheartedly, something that proved he was definitely warming up to Korei.

"A little bit," she giggled, leaning over to kiss his cheek. "Come on. You can eat something before brushing your teeth, then we should head to the school."

"Yeah," Shinsou hummed, watching her as she stood and walked out of his room. He thought to himself for a moment, trying to decide what these feelings were inside. Was he...doubting their relationship? It's not like he ever thought they'd be long-term, but he didn't want to just break up with her! He still wanted to be with her! And he loved how comfortable they were with one another. Korei was just so nurturing...but there was this dark feeling creeping up in his mind and he couldn't seem to shake it.

fluoxetine