𝕞𝕥. 𝕞𝕠𝕔𝕙𝕒ⁿⁱⁿᵉᵗʸ-ˢⁱˣ

MT. MOCHA —

chapter ninety-six

Korei practically skipped beside Shinsou, her hand wrapped around his as she did

Korei practically skipped beside Shinsou, her hand wrapped around his as she did. They were walking down the street to the smoothie shop! Denki had already texted Korei saying that he and his group were there. "Are you that excited about a smoothie?" Shinsou asked, eyeing her warily. He was certain there was something else going on. Korei was really good at acting if she's been planning on leaving him this whole time. "Is your other boyfriend gonna be there or something?"

"Denki-kun calls himself my side-ho, but you know I'd never cheat on you," Korei giggled, glancing over at her handsome boyfriend. She was giddy because looking at him made her feel all fluttery inside again! "I love you too much!" Shinsou didn't respond, humming as he watched her carefully. He wasn't sure if this was an act. Does she actually love him? Is she just ignoring the threats from before? God, he wished he could take them back! But he doesn't want to lose her!! There's no way that he was going to let her leave him for some hero course guy. They can't take everything from him!

- fluoxetine -

"Korei!! You made it!" Denki practically shouted when he saw the green-haired girl with her boyfriend. He threw himself at her, glomping onto her just as she tugged her hand from Shinsou's. "I missed you!"

"Denki-kun, we've been texting all day," she giggled, patting his back comfortingly. Shinsou watched, his hands stuffed into his pockets as he felt jealously grow inside of him. How many guys does she greet like this? Why are there guys hugging her? Why is Denki hugging her so much? He needs to back up. Why the hell have they been texting all day? "Are the smoothies good? I've been wanting one all day!"

"Oh yeah! I got a strawberry banana and peanut butter one, it's hella good!" Denki smiled brightly, pulling away from her. "You should try it!" He took her hand and this made Shinsou extremely jealous. Quickly, he grabbed Korei's other hand and tugged her closer to him, feeling the way she squeezed his hand.

"She doesn't like bananas," he mumbled out, that bored look on his face. Korei looked at him with a bright smile on her lips, happy that he remembered that! It's not something that comes up in conversation all the time.

"It won't hurt to try it," she comforted Denki, who was apologizing to her. "But, let us order first, yeah? Then we'll come and sit with your group so you can introduce us!" She tugged her hand from Denki's, patting his shoulder reassuringly. This was her way of showing him that she only thought of him as her friend and Shinsou knew this, but he couldn't help but think that she was putting on a show for him.

"You got it! Thanks for coming, Shinsou! Glad you could make it!" Denki grinned before walking back to his table. Korei could see a purple-haired girl, a redhead with spikey hair, and that guy from earlier; Hanta Sero. Her stomach suddenly fluttered and forced her to turn away. Those brown eyes of hers were shimmering in the warm glow of the afternoon sun, pupils dilated from seeing someone that she liked.

"Hoshi-kun, what are you gonna get?" She asked, both hands grasping onto his own as she stood like one of those anime girls that Shinsou liked. He felt his heart start to race, a blush flushing across his cheeks. She's so cute! "We can get one smoothie to share, or we can both get our own and share them anyway! I can pay for them too since you pay for literally everything else."

"It's fine, I can pay," he tried to tell her but Korei insisted since it was her idea. This didn't bother Shinsou at all. Okay, maybe it slightly bothered him. He didn't want anyone to think that he was making her pay! "Let's get two separate ones. I wanna get that Mt. Mocha one."

"Oooh! That sounds really good! It's got mocha, chocolate, and caramel in it. Are you getting whey in it or not?" Korei hummed, reading the sign with her perfect eye-sight. Shinsou was the type of person who needed glasses but just didn't wear them because they made him look like a dork. He shrugged, unsure at the moment. Korei nodded, pulling her hand away from his to tap her finger against her chin in thought. "I might get that kiwi-passion fruit one. It sounds delicious! Probably no whey, but I might ask them to put pineapple in it. Does that sound like something you'd like?"

"Y-yeah," he stammered out, shocked by her cuteness. It's like she's not even real! Why does he feel so weird whenever she's around him? He just wants to keep her all to himself, but he also really likes it when people acknowledge that she's his. "It doesn't matter if I like it or not, it's yours."

"Sure, but I plan on sharing it with you anyway," she waved off, pulling her cards out of her pants pocket. She kept her school ID and a credit card on her at all times, especially when she went out. "Should we get larges? I'm gonna get a large since they're only like seven-hundred yen. Do you wanna get a large?" Her attention was back on Shinsou, waiting for him to tell her what size he was getting. She didn't care how much anything cost, she'd happily spend all of her money on him!

"Yeah, I was thinking about it." Shinsou nodded. While they stood waiting in line, he let his eyes dart over to the little group of people with Denki. Are any of those guys...the guy? He didn't notice much of a change in Korei's behavior but there was something different about her. She seemed to be talking a little bit faster than usual, could it just be from excitement? It doesn't matter, Shinsou's gonna make sure those guys know who Korei belongs to.

fluoxetine