[Request 7] Akito's Plant Troubles (Akito x Green Thumb! Reader)

Requested by orangeemikann.

My baby, Sucrose, came home two days ago after my second pull in Genshin. I had to sacrifice Barbara though. I wanted to get Venti too, but I'm just gonna save for the next banner and Rosaria. Rosaria's VA is Rana's voice provider, to those who don't know.
====================

One day, in your mom's flower/ plant shop, you were arranging the flowers there, starting with the sunflowers. Whilst doing your part, your friend, Akito came to visit.

"Yo, Y/N." He called out to you.

"Aki-chan, I knew you'd come!" You happily hug your friend.

He scoffs, "I told you to stop calling me 'Aki-chan;' Akito is fine."

You let out a chuckle, "right."

"What do ya need?"

"I just need someone to help me arrange these plants and flowers by color. See those over there?"

Akito looks at the plants from the direction you're pointing at.

"Yeah."

"I want you to organize them by type and color." You instruct.

"Too specific." He comments.

You pout, "you sort the roses by the rose basket, sunflowers in sunflower basket, is that enough for your brain's limited capacity to understand?"

"We don't talk about my brain."

"Yeah, says the one who got grades above the failing grade." You smirk.

"Okay, okay, I'll do it." Akito grumbles as he begins to work.

The last time you asked help from him, he broke a pot, which led you to get grounded by your mom. No matter how hard you tried to tell her, she didn't listen. Rest in peace, Y/N.

"Hey, Y/N, how come you like plants, too?"

"Planting has always been a hobby for me; now, it's a lifestyle. You see, this shop actually belongs to my mom and ran it, when I was younger. Some say it's impossible to sell plants or flowers, considering they might die a week later, but my mom is very diligent, when it came to them. Sometimes, she brings a few home, giving our home a bit more life."

"Eh, is that so?"

"Mhm, someday, I hope my mom could leave this shop to me, when I get a bit older. I bet I'll do a better job than her. Maybe I'll have you as my assistant."

Akito steps a tiny bit back, "me, your assistant? No, I don't want people makin' fun of me."

"You can always wear a disguise." You follow. "The only reason why I managed to got to school and have some things I like, is because of my mom and her business. I actually enjoy covering for her, while she's gone."

The orange haired male holds his laughter, "Plant Lady."

"It's not being a 'Plant Lady;' it's a lifestyle, thank you very much." You sass, "maybe I should let you take care of this tiny plant I happen to have. I bet it looks good on your study table."

Akito slowly pushes the tiny plant away, "I'm not a plant person."

"Green Thumb," you correct.

"Whatever, I'll accept that teeny tiny plant, so tell me how to take care of it." Akito accepts the tiny plant.

"I'd do research, if I were you." You tease.

The tangerine grumbles, "I hate research."

"Says the one who searches for ways on how to make the crowd cheer with an excellent set list."