[Request 8] Save Me (Rui x Tsukasa Angst)

Requested by LocalLukaSimp.

The long awaited RuiKasa Oneshot has arrived! I may have played BTS's "Save Me" on repeat for the sake of this. I played the Japanese version, actually. And double update 'coz why not.
====================

Where would Rui be, if he hadn't met Tsukasa, Emu, Miku and the others? He would've disappeared by now, thinking those other kids were right about him, being weird. But, that wasn't the case; his friend, Nene, was always there for him, even doing shows to make him feel better.

Despite all that, he didn't have any romantic feelings for her; he just felt girls aren't really his type, despite being able to understand Emu's onomatopoeia and getting along with her quite well. When it came to the strawberry blonde, Tsukasa, Rui felt he's not just a friend to him, but more than that.

It took him a while to realize the signs of feeling fuzzy, having his heart pounding and a few more signs he didn't know. Thus, he asks Nene about this strange feeling.

"You're probably in love, Rui." She replied.

"Me, in love?" He scoffs, "there's no way I'm in love, Nene-kun."

"Rui, close your eyes and think of the first person that pops into mind."

"Fine," he closes his eyes, the first person that came into mind was a boy with an uproarious laugh. "Tsukasa-kun."

"Ah, Mr. Self Proclaimed Star... Mr. Self Proclaimed Star?" She questions.

"I'm not kidding, Nene-kun; Tsukasa-kun is the first, that came in mind."

"Rui-kun, Rui-kun!" A high pitched voice calls.

Rui turns his attention to the pink bobbed girl, "what is it, Emu-kun?"

"I was talking to Tsukasa-kun and he suddenly blurted, he wants to marry you!"

"Emu, I didn't say that; besides, I have no plans on marrying someone, like him."

Rui's eyes widened. "Tsukasa... kun?"

"I have no plans with that weirdo," he seethes.

Rui wanted to breathe, no, needed to breath; he hated this night. He wants to wake up because he hates where ever he is right now. He's trapped inside of himself and dead. He doesn't want to be lonely; he just wants to belong to something, someone.

'Why is it so dark, where you're not here?' He asks himself. 'It's dangerous to see how wrecked I am.' He needed someone to save him; he can't get a grip on himself.

Listen to his heartbeat, it calls someone, whenever it wants to. Within this pitch black darkness, his star shines so brightly. So bright, that he's blinded by the starlight.

"Give me your hand, I need your love before I fall," you could hear him mutter. "Save me."

The scenery is switched to night; the moon is shining brighter on the blank spot in Rui's memories, the ones that haunted him. It swallowed him, some lunatic. He's begging for someone to save him tonight.

"Please save me tonight."

Within this childish, self proclaimed madness, he will save the lilac haired boy tonight, he has to.

'I knew that your salvation is a part of my life and the only helping hand that will embrace my pain. The best of me, you're the only thing I have. Please raise your voice, so I can laugh again, Tsukasa-kun. I want it to be the times when we were just having fun with my stage directions.'

Play on.

Rui wakes up, with tears in his eyes. 'How did it come to this?' The strawberry blonde glances at the director, who is up, so once again, he abandons his plans for a show and sit on the bed they share.

"Rui, sweetie, what's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" His usually loud voice asks softly.

Rui nods, "it was scary; I felt like I couldn't sleep."

"I guess I'll sing you to sleep." He proposes as he clears his throat.

♪ Listen to my heartbeat, it calls you whenever it wants to
Because within this pitch black darkness, you are shining so brightly

Give me your hand save me save me
I need your love before I fall, fall
Give me your hand save me save me
I need your love before I fall, fall ♪

Rui was slowly feeling a little bit sleepy, so he leaned onto Tsukasa, causing the blush people to begin an expedition across his face once again, but didn't mind it. He loves Rui as if he's his own.

♪ Give me your hand save me save me
Give me your hand save me save me ♪

"May I join in?" Rui asks, Tsukasa affectionately strokes his hair.

"Sure." Rui prepares to sing.

♪ Thank you for letting me be me
For helping me fly
For giving me wings
For straightening me out
For waking me from being suffocated
For waking me from a dream which was all I was living in
When I think of you the sun comes out
So I gave my sadness to the dog ♪

"Thank you for being 'us.'" He says.

"You know, despite Tsukasa-kun's loud nature, he can sing a song that can lull me to sleep~" Rui yawns, snuggling the Star of the Future.

Tsukasa lets out a tiny chuckle, "okay, let's sleep."

Thus, the two begin to cover themselves with the blanket and cuddle each other. Tsukasa, indeed, saved Rui from his nightmare.

====================
Tsukasa: I'm gay?!

Rui: Tsukasa-kun, the fandom has interesting tastes with these sorts of ships.

Andrea: Yeah, about that, this is a request I rejected at first, because I wasn't used to writing boy x boy after Magical Mirai in Kalos. I decided to write this, because I gained sudden motivation to do so.

Emu: Tsukasa-kun and Rui-kun make a good pair. Right, Nene-chan?

Nene: I wonder if one of them is Gay or European.

Andrea: Both.

Tsukasa: But we're Japanese?

First Published: 3/25/21
Edited: -/-/-

(Word Count: 851)