[Request 42] 嗚呼、素晴らしきニャン生 (Stray Cat! Rui x Cat! Reader)

Requested by wxsRin

I remember this was one of the songs I listened to during my early Vocaloid days. Even though it's just three years since I got into it, it brings nostalgia. I was thinking anout writing all three, but I don't wanna overwork myself. Now that I'll be doing online school soon, I'll only be able to do 1-2 requests per week depending on my schedule. Same applies to Quotev.

====================

Rui had just finished doing doing what he usually does on a daily basis as a stray cat — chasing pigeons, searching for food, pilfer fish, lie half-asleep on the rooftops of houses, and watch as humans work through their day. He decided to walk around town once more until he spotted the same feline with (h/c) fluffy fur. As per usual, he goes to visit you.

"My, my, a pleasure to meet you again under this lovely moon, my princess." Rui greets.

"If it isn't the stray cat by my window once again. What do you want? Are you going to ramble about our cat life once more?" You huff.

"I just want someone to play with; Tsukasa-kun, Nene-kun and Emu-kun are nowhere to be found."

"How many times to do I have to tell you, I don't want to."

"You do realize we only love once." He states, marking the beginning of his ramble about living the life of being a stray cat. "We should be living our lives to the fullest! We could steal fish, chase pigeons or just lay down on the rooftops. No need to be cooped up in that home of yours 24/7."

He moves closer to you.

"Let me bite off that collar of yours." He cooed.

"What?! No way!" You clutch your (f/c) collar tightly.

The collar you wore means a lot to you when your owner, (fav prsk chara aside from Rui), brought you into their humble abode. They basically pampered you to the point you became a cat of refinement. You and Rui have different views on how to live your lives as cats: both tend to push their ideals onto each other.

"You can live freely, too! I'll even introduce you to my friends. Open the window amd escape from there!"

Just like every night, you refuse to leave the place you call "home". You considered how (fav prsk chara aside from Rui) would feel if you abandoned them when you are the source of their comfort and a stress reliever.

"You may have the sweetest words as always, but I'm not an idiot. We only get to live once, you say? This is why I'm being kept as a pet. I wonder if you'll realize how important this branded collar is to me."

"Come to think about it, what is it like living as a domestic cat?" The purple-haired cat wonders.

"I get to eat delicious food instead of eating from the trash can and sleep on a soft bed instead of the cold road. I may be weak when it comes to water, but taking a shower everyday is important." You answer. "If you're a stray cat, who do you have to protect you? You might get run over by a car, mightn't you?"

Instead of feeling rejection, Rui just gotten head over heels for you. Floating hearts surround him as his eyes form hthe same shpe as well.

"Even your stubborness is so adorable. I think I've fallen in love with you more than ever." He says.

"My, how frank you are! Still, you won't be swaying this heart of mine." You pouted, looking to the side.

"My dream is to escape from this town someday and travel to a faraway northern land." Rui began to recite a dream he held onto. "I've always wanted to watch the aurora with my own eyes and with my friends! If you were there with us, it would be wonderful!"

Then, he began to sulk. "But it's just a dream that won't come true..."

"It's not easy to change someone's lifestyle. And the person who is taking care of me might not manage to live without me." You began to twirl a small portion of your hair.

Unbeknownst to you, the male cat was about to leave.

"We're in the middle of a conversation. Ah, are you going to leave? Please wait!"

The male stopped on his tracks and turned back to you, his yellow orbs meeting with your (e/c) ones.

"Just like every night, you can come back tomorrow. I'll wait for you, Rui."

His mouth curls into a smile, felling more than just mere happiness. He, then, kisses your paw and winks.

"I'll look forward to every visit I make, my princess."

====================

Rui: My, my, and I thought you're going to study on your own.

Andrea: Like I said in the last chapter of KHSHC, my mom already found an online school. Anyway, PJSekai Eng release, here we come! Not only that, 2nd Singles! Once VBS's single is out, I'm gonna stream the heck out of it and blast RAD DOGS! >:3

Toya: I have a bad feeling about what your face is saying, Andrea. See you whenever, everyone. *turns to Andrea with evil glowing eyes* sTOp mAkINg tHaT fAcE!

First Published: 9/4/21
Edited: -/-/-

(Word Count: 723)