[Request 49] Partner Swap (Akito & An)

"Your English sucks." An comments whilst Akito was recording what seems to be the 12th time already.

"Shi-rai-shi." Toya glared daggers at the ombré with stars in her hair as she hid behind Kohane.

A bead of sweat rolled down on Kohane's forehead as she gave her partner reassuring pats on the head.

"Well self-proclaimed English speaker, show how it's done." Akito grumbled and An did just that.

Much to Akito's misfortune, An, who is one of the few English-speaking members of Vivid BAD SQUAD, actually sung her lines with no mistakes. The only thing Akito did was sulk in the corner while listening to An sing. In reality, he was jealous of how fluent An sounds while speaking or singing in English and somehow wanted to be able to reach her level despite being bad at the subject itself.

"Done."

"That was great, An-chan!" Kohane praises.

"Come to think of it, why do we need to sing in English and why do I have to get involved?"

"It was Azusawa's idea we should try singing in English. As for why you're involved, it's because you're part of the team and as your partner on the same team, I want to help you improve your grades in English."

"What does singing an English song have to do with my grades?"

"Well, you can pick up some words and phrases from it." An explains. "Like 'I don't know' means '知らない' and 'TV' is 'テレビ'."

"Ah." Akito nods in understanding, finally understanding what An meant.

"How about we record 'ECHO' by pairs? We can do a partner swap." An suggests. "Though I enjoy singing with Kohane, I think it's about time I try to sing with Akito this time."

"What?!"

"Then, I'll be with Aoyagi-kun."

"A partner swap is a good idea. That way, we can be in sync with whoever we sing with."

"Then it's settled~ Akito, let's do it!" An encourages.

"A'ight."

And so, An tried to teach Akito what she knows and so far, he's making baby steps with his progress. Well, An just wrote the lyrics in Katakana so he can at least try to learn. Eventually, that lead to learning his L's, which was a bit of a pain in the neck for him, but it was worth it. Heck, he even did on a par with Toya when it came to pronouncing words like "grip", "let" and "mirror".

The results? Everyone is pleased with how they did in learning a song in a different language and even learn how to be in sync when it came to having a partner switch like this.

"Next time we have another session like this, I want to rap with Akito this time."

"Rap?!"

"Yeah, I bet we'd do good."

Akito gave a slight shrug, "usually, I'd rap with Toya, but let's see how both us do, An."

"Well, I'm not going to lose!"

"Me neither!"

====================

Requested by funbxii

Happy New Year! I swear this is a pure coincidence when I post something involving ECHO when it's added to EnSekai when it's December 31 when it's released and that song released on New Year here. Gah, this timezone thing is complicated. Either way, Happy New Year wherever you are!

====================

Upcoming:
[Request 50] Rui x Fem! Reader
[Request 51] Ichika x Kanade
Spanish Toya- In progress
PJSekai Karaoke- Still need a few more songs and who'll sing them
Toya Knows Best- Not in progress
Idol! Toya x Fan! Reader- Still in progress for some reason
Honeymoon Un Deux Trois (Rui x Reader)- Planning
Rewrite the Stars (Tsukasa x Reader)- Planning

First Published: 1/1/22
Edited: -/-/-

(Word Count: 488)