[Request 18] ECHO (Touya x Reader)

It was way before the BAD DOGS, Vivids or Vivid BAD SQUAD was formed. Back when Touya was still playing classical music with his father. When Touya was in school, he and a person named Y/N played together with Tsukasa and Saki, until she fell sick. They played duets together, comforted each other, and lastly, had fun.

"We did it, Y/N!" Young Touya cheered.

"Yeah, we did."

"What's wrong?"

"It's just that I tend to get nervous and I do-" The bluenette cuts the girl off, holding her hands.

"Don't worry, I'll be there. If you feel lost, look at me and I'll be there to pick you up."

"Touya..." The girl stared at him with surprise written on her face. "Yeah!"

It's finally the day of the talent show, Y/N Touya had prepared for so long. Touya was confident he'll be able to please his father in musical terms. Y/N, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck; she had no idea on how to get rid of that tense feeling she has on her chest before performing.

"Y/N, Touya, you're next!" The teacher calls.

"Okay!"

Y/N was shaking with fear, curling up into a ball. Touya was trying to find the H/C-nette until he noticed how scared she looked.

"Y/N, look up." He commands.

The girl complied as her E/C orbs meet with his gray ones.

"Let's go?" Touya held his hand out for her to reach.

Y/N hesitantly grabs his hand as they enter the stage. There was so many parents waiting to see the performance of Aoyagi Harumichi's son. Harumichi, on the other hand, was hoping Touya won't screw up his performance with Y/N, believing she might be the source of Touya's flaws.

By the time they finished bowing, they sat together on the 33" piano bench. Touya pressed the first key as color begins to fill his surroundings. Y/N's was monochrome; she couldn't see the colors Touya filled the auditorium with. 'Why can't I see all the colors that you see, Touya?'

The duet was doing well, receiving comments, such as, "as expected of Mr Aoyagi's son," "that girl is doing a great job at playing," and much more. Touya's dad is pleased with his playing; that is until something happened.

All of a sudden, Y/N's arms stop moving, her sense of hearing, lost. Lucky for her, the dual-haired boy immediately covers for her. 'Why aren't they moving? Why can't I be colorful and free, like you?' Parents were talking about how the girl stopped playing and the girl just cried. 'Touya, I'm sorry...'

The performance finished, the duet takes bow as the girl with H/C hair and cries in the corner, taking more than the trembling fear against the echo in the mirror. Her waterfall of tears fall down her face, full of disappointment in herself.

"Y/N, look up." The boy strokes her head

"I can't." She responded.

"Why did you stop?" He asks.

"I don't know; it just happened. I'm sorry."