[Request 28] You're Not Broken (Rui x Emotionless! Reader Angst)

Valentine's Day, the day when people profess their love to the person they love or casually give friends chocolates. Not everyone has a boyfriend or girlfriend to be with for the rest of their life. Besides, some people think it's "just a day for the sake of getting their hearts broken."

'Today is the day I confess to him; I can't back out now.' Y/N mentally reminds herself.

Y/N L/N, one of those people who have a crush on Shinonome Akito, the school's popular first year. Rumor has it he may or may not be straight, but Y/N didn't care for the rumors. She had the longest crush on Akito starting in her first year in preschool. She decided today would be the day she would confess her feelings to him.

She approaches the male, who was sitting on the bench with his friends, Aoyagi Touya and Shiraishi An.

"H-Hi, Akito." She greets.

"Oh, Y/N, what is it you need from me?" He asks.

"Um," the H/C-nette fidgets with her fingers, "I just have something to say."

"Sure, go ahead."

"I-I like you!" Y/N professed as she offered a heart-shaped box with chocolates inside. "I just hope this doesn't affect our friendship in any way. I actually had a crush on you for a long time."

Akito was beyond surprised to hear her say that, especially when he was one of her playmates after school. He opened the box and tasted the chocolates, which brought a smile to his face, which slowly faded away and transitioned to a worried look.

"Y/N, to be honest with you, I don't really share the same feelings as you." Y/N's mood decreased. "But if it makes you feel better, I'll still accept the chocolates."

"Oh, okay." Despite holding her tears back, she masks her sadness with a smile.

"To tell you the truth, girls aren't my type," he confesses, "neither are the seemingly perfect ones."

"I see." She nodded in understanding and ran away.

"Wait, Y/N!" The gingernette called. "Uh, thanks for the chocolates!"

Y/N cried for a lot of days, even having dreams involving Akito being in love with her, when it was all fake. Days after Valentines, White Day comes. Akito tried to offer Y/N a gift in return, but she dismissed it, thinking the tangerine-haired male was joking and playing with her feelings. Then, she decided she had enough of it.

She had enough of having Akito being in love with her in her dreams, even confessing to her under a cherry blossom tree in her dream last Friday. She decided to move on, forget about him and "delete" her memories of him. Akito felt guilty for it, but at least he enjoyed the chocolates while it lasted.

As each day passed, she began to become expressionless or emotionless; broken, even. She no longer felt that happiness she once had before confessing to Akito, nor does she get frustrated or accomplished over her grades either being good or bad. 'I guess this is for the best.'

"Y/N, you don't seem good." The gingernette comments.

"Go away."

Since then, she distanced herself from him; she didn't want him seeing her in such state. One day, she was curling up into a ball of emptiness on the school rooftop, not wanting anyone to see her until someone speaks up.

"Hello, are you there?"

No answer.

"Ru-"