[Request 50] I'm sorry. (Rui x Fem! Reader)

"I'm sorry."

You thought you'd be able to do be with him for the rest of your life, thinking maybe he feels the same way, too. To think he, of all people, would reject you. You, along with Rui and Nene were childhood friends. Despite being hesitant at first, you approached them after you saw them at the park.

Though Nene may be a year younger than you and Rui, you still manage to talk to her in any way. Back to the point, why did Rui say he's sorry?

"R-Ru-kun, why?"

"You didn't stand up for me when we were in Middle School. To think you'd still stick with me when you have your other friends and that boy, why'd you still go after me when everyone calls me a weirdo?"

"Because you're my friend!"

"Would a friend confess their love to someone when they already have someone else to be with?"

You frowned. You were terrified of what would happen to you if you had stood up for Rui when those kids were bullying him, calling him names and spreading rumors about him. And for that boy, you were lying about being with him; you didn't really love that boy. You feared the same thing might happen to you if you did.

"I was scared, Ru-kun! I was scared of what people would do to me if I did. Even if I were to stand up for you, I'll have to receive the same treatment as you. And him? I'm not even in love with that idiot!"

"I'm sorry, (Name), but this is goodbye... Don't bother talking to me again..." He walks away.

"Ru-kun! Rui! Wait!" You cried out in desperation, but even if he could hear them, he still walked away until he disappeared from your sight.

"いかないで!"

Since that day, you couldn't forgive yourself. If you had stood up for him, if you hadn't been lying to yourself and everyone else, maybe you two will be together.

====================

Rui: Oya, I haven't been requested in a while.

Andrea: Yep, it's been a while. This person said "bad ending", I give a bad ending. A probably half-hearted one. T-T

Nene: Come to think of it, you've been working on it lately, huh?

Andrea: Yeah, I have. And school is being a butt again.

Rui: How about the Genshin Crossover?

Andrea: NIFNJSBIFBINDKJSOJDONAOMODOFMOSNKDJKVNKDNOSNOFNKVBJSBJNVKHOISKNDKNKSNKKHOIDNKGNKNDKDNKNFKGIGAYNSKNFKNKGNKDNKNFKNEKNDKNK

Rui and Nene: Oh.

====================

Requested by Eydis_sama

Your long-awaited oneshot has arrived and I'm sorry if this is short! TvT Kinda struggled a bit when you said you wanted a bad ending and this was all I can think of. Anyway, as Nene said, I was working on something for all of you aside from these oneshots. As for the delays, school is back in session.

First Published: 1/13/22
Edited: -/-/-

(Word Count: 334)