I'm Paw-sitively Grateful (Cat Shapeshifter! Rui x Nene)

I know I'm sort of not good at writing RuiNene, but the thought of having Rui be a cat got to me and Nene has no other choice but to take him in. This idea was back in June, but I changed it somehow. Btw, I'm thinking about opening requests for oneshots on September 1.

Just a little warning. Remember the scene with the Twins in bed during the Karuizawa episode? Hikaru was... I can't say it, but Rui... Enjoy the oneshot anyway TvT

====================

A few months have passed and many animals have been adopted. So far, nobody has adopted a certain cat because of his purple fur and blue streaks, making him seem like a strange cat to other people. A few kids wanted to take the purple feline home, but the parents refused because, again, he looked weird.

Right now, the cat is still in the cage he has grown to get sick of until a girl with a pink bob decided to take him in.

"Emu, we don't allow pets, remember?" One of the older brothers reminds.

"But Shousuke, this cat needs a home!" The girl, Emu, protested.

"You aren't responsible yet."

"My friend and I will take care of it. Right, Nene-chan?"

Nene slightly hesitated in responding.

"Y-Yeah."

"Besides, Nene-chan and I decided to share the money, since we're going to take care of it."

"Fine."

Upon hearing the news, the cat was beyond happy, like a cat hardware with dog software. If that's not understandable, the cat became energetic and happy to meet his owners.

"E-Emu, who will take this cat home?" Nene asked.

Emu thought about it for a moment. She never thought she would decide among who should take it home on his first night out of the pet store.

"Nene-chan, how about you take it in? I have a surprise for Rui-kun!"

Did Emu suddenly name the cat? Not only does Rui get to go home with his new owners, he also gains a name from the pink girl.

"Rui?"

"Yeah, that's the name of the cat we're taking care of!"

"Well, I guess we have no other choice." The gray-haired girl shrugs.

"Rui-kun, walk to Nene-chan! You're gonna love the surprise I'm gonna be showing you once you get to my home!" She pink-haired girl instructs, making gestures to emphasize where Rui should go as he complies.

"Emu, our family doesn't allow animals like those at home." Shousuke looked at the purple cat in discomfort.

"If that's the case, I'll go over to your place, Nene-chan!"

"Eh?! But—"

"It'll be fine! I know you'll take excellent care of Rui-kun!"

At the Kusanagi Hiusehold, Nene now has Rui in a cage pet owners use. Her mom looked at her in question and noticed the cage she's carrying. Her mom kneeled to the cat's eye level as he stares at her innocently with his yellow eyes.

"Nene, is this the cat you and Emu are taking care of?"

"Yeah."

"Isn't he too purple to be a cat?"

"Well, it's a—"

"Why hello there, Ma'am." Someone spoke, startling the two.

The mother and daughter looked around the house to see if there was someone else around. Luckily, there wasn't anybody there, but who spoke in that British accent? The two turned to the cat, then back to each other.