[Request 57] A Small Act of Kindness (Rui x Reader)

"Oya? What do we have here?" A male wondered, taking out one of the small boxes placed in his shoe locker upon his arrival.

He pulls one end of the ribbon undone and unwraps the gift wrap, revealing what looks like homemade chocolates especially made for him as they were made in various shapes of robots. There was a note inside the box as he scanned what it read.

'Meet me on the school's rooftop after dismissal.'

He let out a chuckle and wanted to know who gave him those chocolate and why he is the recipient for them.

If anything, he was surprised someone would admire him despite his eccentric nature and being pushed away by those who seem him as an outcast. Yes, he may be eccentric, but deep down, he is actually a kind man you'd want to be with. Oh? You want know who his secret admirer is? That's something to reveal for later.

The lilac-haired wondered who would be his secret admirer. It's been on his mind for a short while, even leading to him spacing out in class and chuckling a bit, whenever he found it interesting someone would admire him, though not much people in Kamiyama High would have feelings for him that way. Of course, he knows this deep down. He wondered why he is one of the recipients among all the boys in Kamiyama High. There's his blonde friend and those the ginger and dual-haired juniors of his.

Perhaps it's a kind gesture from the secret admirer of his or they're returning the favor for what he did for them without him realizing what he did to receive them. Well, he did do something for them; he cheered them up when they had a bad day. They appreciated what the lilac-haired second year did for them, even if it was a small act of kindness he did towards them.

Not once did he think it would be them who gave him the box of chocolates. Who was the one who gave him the box of chocolates? That person is none other than one of the outcasts of the school, (Name) (Last Name). Nobody would think it'd be them who gave him the chocolates; one of the reasons being they don't want to get beaten up and have him become an outcast like before.

They recall hearing rumors about him before and despite knowing about his eccentricities, (Name) found the lilac to be a kind person. Weirdo or not, (Name) still wanted to express their gratitude towards him by making him chocolates for Valentines Day. Those rumors about him never stopped them from accomplishing their goal to give him the box of homemade chocolates.

Back then, their mental state wasn't the best; they went through episodes of suicidal thoughts, leading them to hurting themselves all over their body. People have noticed that and avoided (Name) as they viewed they were a problem. However, there was a junior of their's who wanted to help them, the one in the Student Disciplinary Committee, but they rejected her offer a few times, as they thought she might use it to her advantage and spread it among the students.

Some scars would heal over the time, it's just (Name) feels they can't recover like them. What they're experiencing is like a never ending cycle of despair. Only hopelessness and pain are what they thought they could feel.

One day they were going to buy some necessities for their home, they decided to cover up their scars with a jacket and pants. Once again, were having those thoughts clouding over them again. They were too absorbed in their thoughts, they didn't realize what happened.

"Are you okay?" A deep yet soft, sweet, voice asked with concern painted on his face as he taps (Name)'s shoulder.

They eventually snap out of their thoughts and processed what was going on. A male was on the floor, right in front of them, letting out an outstretched hand to them.