Chapter Fifty Seven

Share your thoughts and bare the consequences

I held my breath in for a second and consumed in the air that surrounded me. This situation could end well or very bad, but I knew it had to be done. It had been more than a week since I was back but I hadn’t heard anything from Belle. A part of me wanted to ignore that, but then again a part of me wanted to at least say hi and thank her for being so supportive to Yuri during the whole tumor situation. I would be lying if I said Yuri is fine with me doing this, but I needed to clear the air between me and Belle so that I could move on.

I needed to start over, and I wanted a clean break.

I stood in front of Belle’s house, and waited after ringing the doorbell. Yuri had warned me about Whitney and Belle. She also warned me not to go and meet Belle, because she was insecure which I find hilariously cute.

Belle opened the door, and just stared at me. She took one good look, knowing it was me I predicted she’d slam the door at my face but she didn’t. She was calm and collected. After taking a pause, she began.

“I didn’t think I would ever see you again” Her voice was firm.

“I didn’t think you would want to” I chuckled a bit. I noticed how much she had changed within months, she looked really different, and I think if I am not wrong she was wearing makeup.

“Well it’s never good to just assume things” Instead of inviting me in, she came out of the house so we could chat in her yard.

“Lesson learned” I smiled. I honestly didn’t want to this conversation to be awkward, but why did it feel like it was getting there?

“How have you been?” Belle asked quietly.

“I’ve been home almost all the time. I am doing okay. How about you? How have you been?” I didn’t want to tell her why I was home all the time. I figured the best thing I could do right now was not to bring Yuri up. I stared at her, wanting to apologize but I couldn’t bring myself up to it, not right away anyway.

“Honestly,  . . .  I was broken when you left; I don’t even know how I feel now that you’re back. I am glad you’re okay and you made your way back. I guess I’m doing okay, much better” Belle attempted to smile. I knew I had to apologize to her and I knew I had to do it now.

“Belle . . . I just want to say that I am really sorr- . . .” I began but it seemed like I was interrupted by the cold ass bitch.

“Don’t you dare apologize to her!” Whitney yelled. I swear to god, this bitch is like a bad case of diarrhea, her shit is all over the place and she’s unstoppable.

“Please, stay out of this. And do it while I ask nicely” I responded with a cold stare.

“I am not scared of you, . . . Sasha” Whitney folded her arms and grinned as color drains from my face. My reaction must’ve been huge for Belle to apologize way earlier than I could.

“I am sorry, I had to tell her. Couldn’t lie to my girlfriend” Belle replied taking Whitney in her arms and kissing her. I couldn’t just stand there or go, I knew I had to finish what I started.

“So as I was saying . . .” I began again but Whitney interrupted me, again. If only there was a 12 hour period where all crimes were legalized like in the movie ‘The Purge’, I would kill this bitch first and burn her body and the sad part is that would be her punishment for just kissing Yuri.

“Now now, let’s calm down, shall we?” I heard Yuri’s whisper softly echoing in my mind.

“You broke her heart! You tore her apart and now you just want to simply say ‘I’m sorry’? Do you think ‘I’m sorry’ is going to fix how messed up she got? You don’t deserve to be forgiven for swaying her, using her” Whitney laid it on me like I was worse than a pedophile.