Chapter Five

Drastic Measures

The room was filled with silence except for the tapping sound of the keyboard on Yuri’s laptop. She had spent all evening trying to figure out what was going on in her body.

Was it serious? Was she hallucinating? Does she have cancer? Her thoughts were as dramatic as her life was going to be.

Yuri went through all the possibilities of her ‘condition’ but there seems to be only one that she could agree on.

“Multiple Personality Disorder” she murmured under her breath. She studied all the symptoms, even though some of them, she realized she hadn’t experienced yet. She turned towards the camera, and switched it on. She had to face this, and be brave enough to communicate with it. She pressed record and spoke.

“Who are you? What do you want?” She questioned.

Deep down she knew she’d have to crazy to even ask this but then she really didn’t have much of a choice.

“Am I being possessed by a demon? Answer me!” Then finally she asked relating to the Multiple Personality Disorder article.

“Are you my alter personality?”

She felt herself tremble as she switched off the camera and finally decided to call it a night.

I hope she sees this and responds” she thought.

This was crazy. Life was crazy. First Jason just walked out on her and now she has blackouts and she doesn’t even know what she’s doing half of the time. Yuri’s life had become a complete mess. She checked her emails, by the thought of Jason. Her eyes lit up as she saw, Jason had emailed her.

Yuri,

       I don’t know how I felt when you just ignored me yesterday. Despite everything we went through, I still care about you. And I broke things off irrationally. I should have known how much pain I was putting you through. You just stared at my face and just ignored me in front of everybody, like I was nobody. And I just want to apologize. I miss you.

Much Love, Jason

“Wow” Yuri said out loud.

Although she could not remember ever blowing Jason off, she was touched by his letter. And she had a feeling they’ll get back together. All her happy thoughts came to a pause when she realized her current situation could cause problems between Jason and her. She also realized it was her other unknown self that had ignored Jason.

“That means she went to school” She murmured figuring it out. She called Belle, her nerd in need.

“Hello Belle, I need to ask you a few questions” She asked sweetly.

“How was I in school yesterday?”

“You were okay, why?”

“No, I mean how was I towards Jason?”

“You ignored him as the entire school watched”

“I see. How did he react?”

“You interrupted me from my sleep, to ask me this?”

“Answer!”

“He looked shocked. Congratulations Yuri, you shocked Jason Haynes. Can I go to sleep now?”

“Be a little nicer Belle. I wouldn’t wanna shock you like I did to Jason”

“I am hanging up”

Finally, it was about time Jason had cracked under his thick layer of stubbornness. It was about time he finally realized how he’d need Yuri in his life. It was about time for Yuri Williams to win Jason Haynes back. It was indeed a matter of life and death. She’ll go through drastic measures to eliminate any threat that could cause chaos between Jason and her again.

But how can she eliminate it, when she is it?