Chapter Forty Nine

PTSD Here, PTSD There, PTSD Everywhere

Jason’s POV

I let out a huge breath as the water splashed onto my face. I don’t remember the last time I had slept, Yuri’s situation was grinding my brain. Belle handed me a small piece of cloth to wipe my face. We were both waiting outside the OR.

“Thanks” I whispered as I wiped my face. It had been 5 and a half hours since Yuri was taken in. Belle held my hand but I didn’t brush it away, we were supporting each other. The thought of Sasha dying, made me sad as well. Belle on the other hand tried her best not to burst out crying. Never in my life had I thought I’d be in a situation where I am completely helpless. I was Jason Haynes, the guy who could make anything possible. But seeing Yuri this sick made me so angry, and frustrated.

“Do you think Sasha will tell Yuri the truth?” I blurt out and ask Belle. If Yuri makes it, the first person she bites is going to be me. Not that I can’t handle it, the whole reason I did what I did was to keep her alive. She’d understand but then she’s Yuri so there’s a very highly unlikely chance of that ever happening. I just wished she’d make out of this alive and well.

“Knowing Sasha, she wouldn’t want to leave without telling the truth. She’ll come clean I am sure” Belle replied lying her head over my shoulders. Which obviously meant we were screwed but that’s okay.

I see Dr. Nick making his way towards us. Mrs. Williams was the first to reach him. Nick has been coming out every hour to inform us about how the operation was going. Although he had informed us earlier that it was close to impossible, the surgery was so far so good he informed but this time I hoped he says the same.

“How’s she?” I asked.

“She’s a strong girl so she’s pulling through. We just took out the tumor, although there were complications, she pulled through. We’re closing her up now and we’d know she’s really okay once she wakes up” Dr. Nick stated giving a small pat on Mrs. Williams shoulders. Mr. Walker hugged her tightly as she laughed lightly. Yuri made it, she was alive and that’s all that mattered.

“Thank you. . .  so much” Mrs. Williams wrapped her arms around Nick, totally taking him off guard. His eyes grew wide but then he smiled. Little did he know that the surgery would be fine, according to the brain scan it looked as if it was impossible? I wanted to go ahead and tell him not to judge a book by it’s cover but then I didn’t want to ruin the moment.

“You’re welcome”

-                                                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As soon as Yuri was taken out, we could see she was still unconscious. Did that mean she was still with Sasha? I wondered. Dr. Nick checked her vitals and waited in the room. We were all waiting for her to wake up. As I was waiting for her, I realized what I had done. It was not my call to make, but I did make it anyway for her safety. Knowing that Yuri would hate me after she wakes up, it made me sad.

The room was silent and it really got intense as we all stared at an unconscious Yuri who laid on the bed. The sound of the EKG machine is the loudest thing I could hear. The sound of her heart beating made me calm; I wiped my eyes again out of the tiredness. I needed to stay awake, at least for now. Belle wrapped arms around me which startled me at first but then she tried to lead me outside Yuri’s ward.

“What?” I questioned her as soon as we were outside. I noticed the worried look on her face.

“You should go and get some sleep. You look like shit” Belle confronted bluntly. Her remark made me frown at her. Seriously, I could care less about my beauty sleep right now.