Chapter Three

Back To Reality

I spent the entire time in school concentrating on subject and ignoring the fact that everyone around me, gave me a stare that was hard to miss. When school was over, I walked outside the same girl who had dropped me to school. I managed to get a glance of her name on her textbook.

“Uh, oh it’s Jason, he’s coming this way” Belle muttered under her breath. I looked at the black bushy haired, deep blue eyed guy walking towards me.

“This explains everything written on the journal” I thought. But just before he could stop in front of me, I walked right past him. I wasn’t about to let myself go crazy over a guy.

Belle ran and caught up with me. “Wow that was so cool, did you see his face? That was epic” She cheered happily. Belle was kind enough to drop me home since she lived nearby.

Entering my house felt different. I realized no one else was home because I couldn’t hear the sound of the TV or that voice of my mother. I heard the door creak as it opened but before I could take any other step, a voice spoke.

“Miss Yuri, what time would you like me to clean your room?” I turned around to see the same lady in the morning, who I thought was my mother.

“Was she my maid?” I thought.

“Don’t worry, I’ll clean my own room, you just worry about the other dusty places in the house” I tried to smile at her confused face. Let’s face it; it was awkward for both of us. I walked inside my room and rested on the bed.

“What kind of torture is this?” I thought. I closed my eyes for a minute and let out a deep breath.

*BLANK*

Yuri opened her eyes, feeling different. But she was perfectly fine. Taking a quick glance at the time, she realized it was half past noon. She felt like waking up from a really long good sleep. She stood up and stared at the mirror. She stood stunned, not remembering ever tying her hair up or wearing those tacky jeans.

“I don’t remember wearing any of this, yet waking up with morning” she thought.

Her lack of memory was sign one. Losing track of time was another. It was obvious what she was facing but the thought hadn’t crossed her mind. How could it? Her life was just about to begin. There wasn’t any explanation for her anxiety instead it just made her angrier. Walking out of her room, she searched for the maid.

“Where is mother?!” she yelled at her maid.

The maid was always frightened of her. God knew how many times she wanted to quit her job because of Yuri. But every time she tried to resign, Yuri’s mother increases her wage and makes it impossible to consider leaving.

“She is at a meeting with a client” She replied quietly.

“Arrghh, meetings, always meetings “

Yuri realized she was in fact losing track of time. But during those times, she wasn’t just lying unconscious. Whatever she did, she had done without her knowledge.

“Should I tell mother?” She thought.

No. No way in hell. Yuri immediately cleared that thought in her head. There was no way telling how Yuri’s mother would react to news like this. True, she was a workaholic but when she freaks out, she brings the house down with her. Just thinking about it, makes Yuri feel uneasy.

“I need to know what this is” Yuri thought sensibly.

Her next plan was to check the attic of her house for a camera. Maybe installing a camera in her room and recording her every move was a clever way of knowing what was actually going on. After searching through some boxes she managed to find the camera she received as a gift from her long gone father. She took it to her room and placed it in the corner of her room and pressed record. She went back to lay down on her bed and closed her eyes.

She didn’t feel the falling sensation.

She opened her eyes, still nothing.

Something was wrong she could feel it. She wondered if she should tell this to somebody.

No, I can’t, they’ll think I am crazy” she thought.

Yuri changed her clothes and spent all evening in her room. Finally when she couldn’t take it anymore, she sat down near her laptop to find what was going on with her. All the anxiety was unbearable but the curiosity was worse.

“Symptoms of sleep deprivation and memory loss” She read it out loud as she typed.  Her eyes ran through the results, but none of them provided her with a solution and she wasn’t still sure about the real problem. She stared back at the camera, so nervous. What happens if it repeats again? There were millions thoughts in her mind but she was helpless and clueless.

“What is happening to me?” She thought.