Chapter Thirty One

A Love Triangle between One Person

“Look what I brought” Spending the afternoon with Jason wasn’t what I’d want but it seemed as if I’ve got no choice. It’s been a day and a half since Mrs. Williams left to Paris.

“What’d you bring?” I asked lazily, letting him inside.

“We’ve got popcorn, chips, skittles and The Fault in Our Stars” Jason said excitedly.

“The fault in whose star?” I asked.

“Please don’t tell me you have memory loss, cause I went through hell and back to rent these crystal clear DVD just to cheer you up”

“I remember, of course I remember. The fault in the stars” I muttered slowly. Great, now I have to watch movies with him.  Jason stared at me for a while then continued arranging the couch and setting the TV. I noticed how cleanly he kept each snack in a bowl and poured the fizzy drinks next to it.

 When the movie began, all I could think about was Riley. She hadn’t replied to my messages. I don’t even know what to say yet. I wish I could see her, maybe talk to her face to face. Maybe brush her blonde hair away from her face, lean forward and kiss her. Maybe touch her curvy body and whisper how long I’ve been waiting to do that. I could totally imagine how she’ll look like.

“The girl’s hot!” I hear Jason yell, totally interrupting my very inappropriate thoughts.

“Snap out of it” I warned myself.

I liked Riley too, and maybe I should tell her this as soon as possible. I don’t want to make the same mistake I made with Belle. Maybe things will work considering my situation with Yuri. Since Riley lives far away, there won’t be any issue with my switches. I was confident when it finally came down to Riley.

I stood up from the couch, making up my mind to send the big final message to Riley.

“Hey hey, the movie is not over yet. It just began!” Jason complained.

“Sorry Jason, I don’t want to watch anything right now” I told him truthfully.

“What’s going on?”

“Nothing”

“Lately you’ve been so bummed out about something. Tell me what’s bothering you; you gotta let me in, Yuri”

I sighed. I don’t really know how to bond with Jason. Since I wasn’t Yuri, I don’t even know what to tell him.

“I am fine, trust me” I sat back on the couch. I had a feeling convincing him was going to take a while.

“Look, if this is about you finding out that you’re a lesbian, there’s nothing to be ashamed of. You know I won’t judge you” Jason placed his hands on my very shaky hands.

“Lesbian?”

“I see you’re still getting used to that word. If it’s ‘hate’ that you’re worried about, you’re stupid. You’re Yuri Williams, no one will hate you, when everyone wants to be you. If you say you’re a lesbian to the world. The world would want to be a lesbian with you”

 “I don’t know what to say” I murmured unbelievably.

“It takes guts to accept it, and guts to step out of the closet. Just know that I’ll be here when you tell everyone”

“I am telling everyone?”

“Yes, isn’t that the plan?”

“It’s just that I am still processing this. How long should I tell them I realized that I was a lesbian?”