Chapter Forty Eight

I love you

“Yuri, are you ready?” Mrs. Williams asked huskily. She looked worn out and tired, but she tried her best to smile throughout the day. It was indeed a huge day for Yuri today. It was operation day! Funny thing was when everyone around her looks freaked out, but she wasn’t. All she could think about was back when she was a little girl, how she used to play doctor with her dolls. Back then, operation was a mere definition of a doctor placing a small bandage over the wound and healing it. But right now, all Yuri could do was smile at how little and foolish her thoughts were as a kid.

“I am ready” Yuri replied slowly. She wanted to survive, and live on with Sasha. She had found her truelove and she was grateful today.

“Be strong, honey” Mrs. Williams didn’t let go of her hand. She held it tightly and placed a light kiss on Yuri’s forehead.

“I’ll try”

“It’s time to go” Dr. Nick informed looking at the five of them. Belle looked as if she was trying her best not to cry. Jason on the other hand, looks horrible, with his messy hair and bloodshot red eyes. Yuri’s professor held the crying Mrs. Williams in his arms. Although Yuri had seen very less of him, he stepped forward, leaned over and whispered.

“Imagine you’re deep underwater, maybe something keeps dragging you down. Break free and swim up for air. That’s all what you need to do. You’re a fighter and you know it. Now it’s time to prove it” He smiled lightly and that was exactly what Yuri needed.

Yuri smiled back at each of them. She knew she had to be strong and she will be strong. It wasn’t just her that she needed to fight for anymore, it was for Sasha as well. Yuri let out a heavy sigh as the nurses pushed the gurney she was on into the operation room.  Maybe she could tear up the bucket list as soon as she wakes up. Whatever the feeling she was feeling, it clearly involved courage and she had it.

-                                                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Okay Yuri, could you count numbers backwards for me?” Dr. Nick placed the anesthetic vaporizer over Yuri’s mouth. A smile brought upon her face as she started counting knowing that she will now meet Sasha. She counted until seven, and then her voice trailed off and she felt her being pulled into the darkness.

*BLANK*

This has to be a movie, because stuff like this usually happens in movies. It doesn’t happen in real life. I stared at the girl whom I’m ready to give up my life for. She bit her lip shyly as she walked towards me. Maybe this wasn’t the right time to actually think about how awkward this is. We are literally in her head but we could see and touch and feel each other. Maybe it’s better if I stopped thinking logically. I smiled back looking at her, she was beautiful. Sure, I had seen her body, I was in her body but the whole point of that body being special is when it shared Yuri’s personality.

 I was calm for a person who is about to die. Mainly because in front of me stood all the righteous in the world.

“Yuri” I whispered as I gave her a kiss on her forehead. She was going to hate me later, resent me but that was okay as long as she was alive. Isn’t this what you would’ve done if you were me, or am I just that kind? I didn’t question my decision but I questioned myself whether I should tell her about my decision.

“I love it when you call my name like that” She buried her face in my neck making me cringe. “It makes me feel wanted” Her hands slowly creep into my thighs. I closed my eyes at the sensual feeling that was arising in my body. Even through my small heavy breaths I wanted to reply to her statement.